20

The next day, Jaemin was all in a good mood. It was a good thing that yesterday happened. He thought him and Renjun has gotten really close after that. Well, they've been doing fine since they work together for a few weeks now. It feels great to have a good relationship with the omega. As long as he's close to Renjun, he's happy.

Walking down the street, Jaemin was running towards the shop. He accidentally forgot about his textbook that he left inside the staff's room. It was exams season and he had to read some of his lessons on work last Friday. Resulting him to accidentally leave it.

He checked his watch if he still has time for his morning class and maybe he'll be late for a minutes but he could care less. He'll just hope that his professor won't attend the class. The beta took a sharp turn and ran towards the shop. He panted, like the usual whenever he runs, as soon as he opened the door. He caught the attention of the people inside. Well, not much were inside but the person he least wants to see is there.

Hopefully, he won't spoil his good mood.

"Oh, good morning, Minnie. You're here early," Renjun uttered, looking at the beta who was still catching his breath.

Jaemin nodded, "I-I forgot my textbook in the staff's room. I had to get it for a quiz."

"I'll get it for you. Wait there just a minute," then the omega skipped and went into the room nearby.

Now, he's alone with this alpha.

The beta didn't get any closer to the counter, where Jeno is, and stayed beside the door while he waits. A few seconds was too long for him, he was getting impatient because of the awkwardness. Jaemin huffed, trying not to make eye contact with him.

"I know this is sudden and weird because I'm the one saying this, but the thing between us is stupid."

Jeno said, without looking at Jaemin. The beta seemed surprised though. He can't believe what he just heard from the alpha. He doesn't know the alpha enough but he's sure that wouldn't say that to anyone, especially to him. Did he really hear it right? Jeno surrendering?

Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms, "Are you surrendering?"

"Fuck, no," the alpha turned to look at him, "Although this is stupid, I'm not backing down."

The beta sighed and rolled his eyes, "Alphas do have a strong personality, huh? Look, I know where this is going to end so I won't give you a chance."

"I guess this is over anyway," Jeno said.

"What are you saying?"

The alpha smirked at him, "I already asked him for a date and he said yes. Guess who lost at their own game."

Jaemin was about to say something back at Jeno, but their conversation cuts off because of the staff's room door opened and Renjun coming out with a bittersweet smile.

"So...I'm just a trophy to feed both of your prides?"

Both men looked back at the omega with horrific expressions. They became flustered and wanted to say something but they don't know what. It's like they lost their voice and their body tensed. Several curses filled their minds, wanting this day to never exist ever again.