12

Jaemin finally decided to try and win Renjun. He realized that he is and will probably be the only person that will make the beta's heart flutter and give his stomach some butterflies. The beta tried to plan and write down the things he wants to give and do with Renjun. He wasn't much of an adventurous guy who likes to go out and he thinks that the omega's the same. Well, he could just hope.

After university, Jaemin went back to the shared apartment to cook. He was in the mood to do it anyway, though he doesn't know yet what to make. The beta hummed and went to grab his notebook where he usually takes notes of his recipes. He wanted to atleast impress Renjun with a simple dish. But being too simple is boring, however, being too much is not good too.

Jaemin went to take a seat on the dining table, reading through the pages that has many scribbles all over the papers. He groaned and pouted, wanting to make a decision but he couldn't. He looked at the time on his phone and he still has a little over an hour before he goes to give lunch for Renjun. He should decide immediately.

Then suddenly, the door opened which made Jaemin to jolt and look up.

"Hey, Jaem...Oh, are you fine?" Donghyuck asked, coming home from work with Mark coming in behind.

"I'm...trying to cook something but I don't know what," Jaemin answered and gave a loud sigh.

The 'mated' beta asked his alpha to go ahead in his room before he made his way towards his friend who's having a dilemma. Jaemin lets Donghyuck to look over his notebook, humming while he does it. Jaemin's the cook inside the dorm, maybe his friend can help him with it. Donghyuck's sometimes a big help and also, he might know Renjun more than him. They've been working together for a long time now.

"Renjun generally eats everything that's edible. He's not very picky," the beta uttered, giving Jaemin a sense of relief, "You shouldn't be thinking that much. But this one's nice, it tasted good when you cooked it."

"You think...this isn't too boring?"

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows at him, "What? I'd totally appreciate that if you cooked it for me. He's very appreciative, Jaemin."

"Alright, alright. Do you want me to cook for you guys too?" the beta asked, making his way towards their refrigerator and gets all the ingredients he need.

"Yes, please! I'll help you with it," Donghyuck excitedly goes to grab the chopping board and a knife which made Jaemin to be concern.

The beta sighed, "Don't cut yourself this time."

"Yep, I promise! Babe, love, c'mere! I'll teach you how to cook!"

Jaemin was able to catch up with the lunch break. Things even went wrong while he's in a hurry. There were things falling, they ran out of condiments, their sink broke, Donghyuck cutting a finger again, Mark running around to find something to dress the wound when there's a first aid kit in their bathroom and Jaemin just trying to calm down. Everything was a mess but Mark somehow knows how to fix things and try to stay calm when things are getting out of hand. Good thing, he's Donghyuck's boyfriend.

The beta panted after he ran about some blocks and he doesn't like running that much. He's very much out of shape. It's one of the things he despises anyway. But he was able to arrive at the shop. So that's a good thing.

He was still outside of the shop, catching his breath. He looked through the glass window of the shop and saw that someone who hates was already in there, talking to Renjun. Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows, taking enough courage before he went in, which caught the omega's attention.

"Minnie! Good afternoon, how was the classes?" Renjun sweetly smiled at the beta.

Jaemin nodded, smiling back, "It was fine," then looked back at the alpha, Jeno.

Jeno looked back at him, glaring, but they looked away after a few seconds. They didn't want to show Renjun that they have some grudges against each other. The omega might get worried or something. Jaemin went into the counter, standing beside Renjun.

"Here. I brought you something," the beta reached a paperbag towards the omega who looked surprised, his ears perking.

Renjun seemed confused, "For me?"

"Yes, it's for you."

The omega hesitantly received it from the beta. He hasn't really a gift for a long time so it felt new to him. Renjun won't deny that his heart fluttered. He placed the bag down and opened it to see what was inside. Jaemin could feel a cold stare from the alpha but he didn't bother. Why does he even need to care?

Why did he come in the shop anyway?

Renjun gasped, "Food!"

"I...I cooked it. I hope it tastes good," Jaemin uttered. He was happy about the omega's expression. He wanted to coo at him.

The omega looked at the beta with a heart-fluttering smile, "Thank you, Jaem! Let's eat together!" he said then turned to look at Jeno, "You can eat with us, Jen. Minnie cooks very good, you might like it."

The alpha smiled and shook his head politely, "I don't know if that was done cleanly."

The other cleared his throat, "Of course, it was. Don't make me look bad."

"I'm just worried about Renjun, that's all," Jeno smirked at the beta, teasing him.

Renjun laughed, "Why would you? But if you're not going to join me, then I'll eat it by myself."

"Alright. Eat well. I'll see you this Saturday?" the alpha asked.

The omega nodded with a sweet smile, "Of course. I'm excited about it."

"Great! I'll pick you up."

"Okay, Jen."

"Okay...See you."

Renjun waved at him, "Study hard."

Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows but Jeno just gave him a smug smile before he went out of the shop and gets into his car, driving away. The beta groaned quietly before he went to follow the omega into the staff room.

He wondered what they'll be doing on Saturday.