Chapter Thirty-Six

(Edited)

*Still April*

"Raven, stop avoiding the question. Why did you miss two days of school?" Darcy says as she stabs her salad with her plastic spork.

"I had to go to the doctors." I say as I shrug.

Aiden raises an eyebrow.

"Come on Rae! Just tell us!"

"Fine." I grumble as I reach into my backpack.

Since Tyler wouldn't let me look at the ultrasound pictures, since he was always looking at them, he printed another copy, so I could have one too. So now it sits in my wallet.

I pull out my wallet, open it, and hand it to Darcy.

"Holy shit! You- you're! Holy shit Raven!" Darcy squeals as she looks at the picture.

"What is that? What are those blobs?" Aiden asks.

"Those are unborn babies stupid." Darcy explains to Aiden.

"Raven, why do you have a picture of unborn babies in your wallet?"

Darcy groans.

"It's Ravens babies! She's pregnant with twins! Gosh, how are you so stupid?"

"Ohh! Congrats Rae. I'm guessing Tyler's the dad?"

"Yep." I say popping the p as I grab my wallet and put it back in my backpack.

I go back to eating my lunch, as Darcy and Aiden talk about twins and me being pregnant. Then my phone rings.

I grab it, and see it's Angel calling.

I pick it up and put it to my ear.

"Angel?"

"HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! I FOUND OUT FROM EASTON WHO FOUND OUT FROM TYLER!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE BESTIES!!!" Angel yells into the phone.

"Sorry Angel! I was under the impression Tyler and I were going to tell y'all during summer break."

"Oh. Still! I'm so happy for you Rae!!! I can't wait to see your little babies!"

I'm about to say something, but the bell rings.

"Angel, I gotta go. I've got class. I'll make sure to call you later. Bye!"

"Bye Rae!"

I hang up and make my way to the classroom.

...

Darcy's taking me home, since Tyler got detention and can't drive me. But that's fine.

"So... is Tyler happy with twins?" Darcy asks.

"Yeah. He wouldn't even let me see the printed copy of the ultrasound, because he was too busy looking at it."

"Wow. I want a boyfriend like that. Or one at all."

"Oh please!" I say waving my hand. "I know Aiden has a thing for you."

"Wait, really?"

"Uh yeah! How can you not see it? You can tell by the way he just looks at you."

"Is it obvious?"

"Just about as obvious as the look in your eyes when you look at him." I say. "Left up here."

Darcy takes a left, and then starts nervously laughing.

"I don't know what you mean Rae."

"Come on. I think the whole school can see you both like each other. You'd make a great couple too."