[22] bella notte

SERENDIPITY

chapter 22. bella notte

song - always remember us this way (lady gaga)

"When you look at me, and the whole world fades, I'll always remember us this way"

[ New York, United States, September 5th, 2018 ]

________________________

  A mess of clothes was scattered on Katherine's bed as she leaned against her dresser. She was trying to find something to wear but turns out that it was proving to be harder than she expected.

  She had one hour until Aaron would be at her door to pick her up for their date. Huffing, Katherine held the white towel she was wearing closer to her body. Her eyes narrowed at the clothes in front of her and she wished that she had someone to help her.

  The morning that Katherine and Aaron woke up together, they both decided on a few ground rules. The first one was that since their relationship was still new, they did not want anyone to know about it. So, Katherine was unable to ask Bianca or Callum for help.

  Secondly, they agreed on the time that Aaron would pick her up for their first date. Right after that, Katherine kicked him out of her apartment, telling him that they needed time apart before the date to "create anticipation."

  Taking a deep breath, she tried to think of what she should do. Katherine looked down at her phone and decided to just ask for help. But since she could not turn to her friends, she decided to do the next best thing.

  "Hello?" she heard on the other line.

  "Lilly!" Katherine exclaimed in relief "listen, I need your help."

  "Alright, what's up?" Lilly spoke up.

  "What should I wear on a first date?" Katherine asked slowly, removing the phone from her ears when she heard Lilly screaming excitedly on the other line.

  "You have a date?" Lilly asked, and Katherine could almost hear her grin.

  "Yes."

  "Who's the guy?"

  "I can't say yet" Katherine grimaced "but I need this date to go well, he means a lot to me, Lilly."

  "Alright-" Lilly spoke quietly "so what I'm hearing here is that it can't be slutty, but it can't be something a prude would wear- you need a perfect balance."

  "I-" Katherine opened her mouth to speak before she quickly shut herself up.

  "Do you have any dresses?" Lilly asked over the phone.