[24] stay the night

SERENDIPITY

chapter 24. stay the night

song - love me like you do (Ellie Goulding)

"every inch of your skin is a holy grail I've gotta find, only you can set my heart on fire, on fire"

[ New York, United States, September 15th, 2018 ]

________________________

  Katherine woke up to the sound of her alarm ringing in her ears. Reaching over to her nightstand with a groan, she repeatedly hit her phone with her hands until the sound turned off. Rubbing her hands over her face and stifling a yawn, Katherine sat herself up and grabbed her phone.

  She looked down and a smile made its way to her face when she saw that Aaron had texted her. Opening up his contact, she looked at the picture of Miles that he had sent her along with a good morning, making her smile widen.

  After quickly answering his text, Katherine stood up and walked over to her bathroom. As she was brushing her teeth, she saw that Aaron had asked her to meet him at that Italian place they went to on their first date, making her grin and tell him that she would be there.

  She got herself dressed in a professional outfit and made her way out of her apartment. Walking along the streets, Katherine passed a coffee shop and she immediately headed inside. Once she grabbed her coffee order, she decided to snap a picture of the little coffee shop, deciding that it looked cute.

  After that, she swiftly made her way into a cab, urging him to hurry her over to her meeting. She had scheduled to talk with her agent Diana, as the woman told her that there were some things she needed to share with Katherine.

  Although going to a meeting in the early morning was not something that Katherine enjoyed, she was still curious to see what her manager would say to her.

________________________

  "Another solo photoshoot?" 

  "I think it would be a great career move on your part Katherine" Diana spoke up, glancing over at Katherine from across her desk.

  "But I just did one" Katherine replied, her brows furrowed in confusion.

  "No," Diana lifted a finger "you did one for Moulin Rouge, what I'm talking about is a photoshoot to promote you"