Chapter 30

Today has been hell for Narcissa.

Draco has been tasked with killing Dumbledore by the dark lord. And we thought it couldn't get worse when Draco received the dark mark. Cissy cried into my lap for hours that day. She was so scared of losing him.

She came to Bella and me for help after the meeting.

"There must be something we can do, he is just a boy" she cried. I suddenly had an idea. "Well, Snape is a teacher at Hogwarts, right? Surely he would be willing to protect Draco" Bella cocked her head, "I don't like where you're going with this love" Snape and we had gotten along for years until we found out that he was close friends with the headmaster.

"So that's what we will do then? Visit Severus" I nodded to Cissy and she agreed it would be best. "But he can't be trusted" Bella yelled. I just shook my head and we apparated to his place.

We ensured we wore hooded cloaks in case we were recognised following the events at the ministry. Bella was sort of in hiding for murdering Sirius but that doesn't matter to her.

We entered Snapes home and were greeted by him sitting in an armchair. He folded the daily prophet and stood up.

"I-I know I ought not to be here. The Dark Lord himself forbade me to speak of this" Cissy stuttered. I wasn't paying too much attention to the conversation and neither was Bella. She was fondling with things on the mantelpiece.

"If the Dark Lord has forbidden it, you would not to speak. Put it down, Bella, we mustn't touch what isn't ours" Snape said sternly and she slammed the object back down, smirking at me in the process. "As it, so happens, I'm aware of your situation, Narcissa"

"You? The dark lord told you?" Bella questioned. "Your sister doubts me. Understandable, over the years, I've played my part well. So well, I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time. Dumbledore is a great wizard. Only a fool would question it" Snape spat back.

"I don't doubt you Severus" Narcissa said, she was on the verge of tears by now. It upset me to see her so broken.

"You should be honoured, Cissy. As should Draco" Bella stated. I shot her a mean glare and she ignored it. "He is just a boy" Narcissa said again. Now, tears were falling down her porcelain cheeks.

Bella finally broke the silence by whispering "Swear to it. Make the Unbreakable Vow. It's just empty words. You'll give it his best effort... when it matters most. He'll just slither back to his hole. Coward"

"Bella, you can't be serious. He could die if he breaks the promise" she just shrugged her shoulders. Snape remained expressionless and he replied, "take out your wand"

Snape and Cissy locked arms and Bella began to make the unbreakable vow for the pair. I just sat back and observed. If it helped Cissy then I wouldn't do anything to intervene.

"Will you, Severus Snape, watch over Draco Malfoy as he attempts to fulfil the Dark Lord's wishes?" my girlfriend whispered as the two kept a firm grip on each other.

"I will"

"And will you, to the best of your ability, protect him from harm?" she whispered from behind his shoulder.

"I will"

"And if Draco should fail, will you yourself carry out the deed the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform?" I see what she is doing, she is trying to get him to crack and disagree.

"I will" Sev obviously replied however, there was a change in his tone. He knew that there was a chance he would have to do the deed himself but yet, he still agreed.

A few weeks later

Bella and I were having lunch at Cissy's when she received a letter from Severus.

Narcissa,

I am sorry to have to tell you this but Draco was severely injured by Harry Potter. I managed to save him from the spell as I am the only one who knows how to reverse it. Draco is currently in the infirmary but he is doing well. He shall be alright in a few days and believe me, Potter will be severely punished for his actions. It appears he has found my book, using the spell Sectumpempra and tried it on your son. Potter may be onto him about the cabinet and his task. I will ensure he discovers no more.

Regards, Snape

Narcissa read the letter over and over again. But she didn't tell us what it said. "Cissy?" Bella asked calmly, noticing tears streaming down her porcelain cheeks. She put the letter down and walked out of the room to Bella took the opportunity to take the letter and read it. She read it aloud so I could also hear.

"That Potter boy has got it coming to him. He will not get away with this" I yelled. "Keep your voice down Y/N, Cissy is upset" I almost forgot that she could be on the other side of the wall. "Sorry Bel. I'm going to go and find her, you go and speak to Severus" she nodded and left so I went to find Narcissa.

As I expected, she was outside the room. She must have crumpled to the floor crying because she was sat in such an unnatural position. I rushed to her and held her close. "It's alright Cissy, Snape said he is fine" I felt her shake her head against me.

She managed to speak a muffled, "he could have died. My only child" I stroked her hair and she clung to me, soaking my dress in her tears.

Potter won't be getting away with this.