Chapter 21

He picked her from the washroom and made her lie down on the couch. She was shivering and that worried him even more. He took his mobile and immediately dialled his doctor who he would usually refer to.

Pranav : Hello doctor! Actually my wife seems to have high fever and she fainted. She is shivering right now. Could you come here as soon as possible?

Doctor : Oh God! I will be there but it would definitely take time so by then keep wiping her body with wet wipes if they are available and if she comes into conscious make her eat or drink something.

Pranav : Yes doctor please come over as soon as possible!

He searched for some wipes but found none except for the handkerchief which she was carrying. He poured some water in a bowl and started wiping her body, she stirred in sleep and started shivering more. He continued to do it for the next fifteen minutes and she opened her  eyes slowly.

Sahana : I.. I..

Pranav : Shh! Don't speak! Just sleep! Till the doctor comes here you don't need to do anything but once he comes and completes the treatment you can get back to your work.

Sahana couldn't even open her eyes totally. She was feeling so weak, her leg was hurting even more. On top of these the words which Pranav was saying weren't doing any help. She needed someone who could help her be better with some sweet words. She tried to get up from her place and fell back yet again.

Pranav : What the heck are you trying to do Sahana? Didn't I ask you to sleep?

Sahana : It's.. It's.. It's fine I can work. I am feeling better now.

Pranav : Oh why won't you feel better! I did my work after all! You need to be thankful to me for doing this to you, instead of leaving you to death there.

The doctor arrived, which didn't allow Pranav to speak anymore. Most importantly not to taunt her more. The doctor was checking on her and he stood beside seeing what he was doing.

Doctor : Seeing her like this, Mr. Pranav she is physically and mentally very weak right now. All she needs is a good amount of rest and adequate food with a good environment around her. I don't think I can say more than that. Here are the medicines I would be prescribing for fever and her foot sprain to reduce, the other things I hope you would take care Mr. Pranav!

Pranav just nodded and went outside along with the doctor. He quickly dialled his Personal assistant about the medicines and asked her to order it and they had to be in his home by the time he would reach home. He went inside to see Sahana applying some medicine with great difficulty.

Pranav : Pack your things, we are going back home!

Sahana : No pranav please! I will complete the work! Let's go after that. I am fine now.

Pranav : The audacity to question me also? Just do what I say!

Sahana : Okay Pranav.

She packed her things and tried to get up but he scooped her in his arms and went out from his office. They reached the car and the guards opened the door, he gently placed her on the front seat. She was pretty much surprised seeing him being gentle with her.

They didn't drive back home, which made it even more suspicious for her. She was scared now! She thought he would punish her and that is the only reason he is taking her somewhere else.

They reached a not so big villa and yet again he carried her back into their villa.

Sahana : I know, you don't like when someone questions you but why didn't we go back home? Why are we here? What is this place?

Pranav : I hate when someone cross questions me and this is my home
which I own. For ideal wife like you wherever husband lives is your home right? So from today I will be staying here so you would live here too.

Sahana : But we didn't inform anyone about this. What would they think? All my things are back in home.

Pranav : You don't need to worry about all that Mrs. Sahana Uppalapati! Everything will be taken care of, so will be you as well.

Sahana : What?

Pranav : You are not well right now butterfly! Just go and rest! I will get something for you to eat and then you can rest on the bed till you get better. I don't want people to know what happens between these four walls.

Sahana : It's fine! I can cook not a problem. I am guessing you don't know how to cook.

She whispered the last part and closed her eyes fearing he might get angry and slap her.

Pranav : Well, fine then do it yourself! When somebody wants to do something I won't stop them neither will I stop you. Go ahead and please cook real quick, I am damn hungry.

She nodded and went into the kitchen limping with her injured foot. She cooked poha and kept it on the table.

Sahana : I made something which I could in this short time. Please eat it.

Pranav : what did you even make mam?

He saw that she made poha and stared at her.

Sahana : Don't you like poha Pranav?

Pranav : Great! You did do your side of research well on how to impress me. Serve yourself and eat!

Sahana didn't understand what he was thinking in his brain. One second he would be super angry and the next second he would be super cool. She wondered that his mood swings were worst than a pregnant lady. She thought he is not that bad as he potrays himself and it's definitely going to take time for her to change him from this Mr. Arrogant Bulldozer to Mr. Cool 😎

She knew in this process she would hurt herself but that satisfaction would be enough for her to live the rest of her life.

Hello dear readers,

We are back with an update.

Hope you all forgive us.

Hope you all enjoyed reading it.

How was the update?

Stay tuned for next update

Rate the update on the scale of 10.

Thank you.

Stay home
Stay safe.
Take care