Chapter - 45

Sahana : Pranav, it's totally fine. I promise I won't ask you about it till you tell me. Don't stress yourself.

Pranav : No, I know she met you. I can't make it more late to tell you what happened. I hope you trust me Sahu.

He held her hands and she glimpsed at her palm which is englufed in his huge palms. She looked straight into his eyes. They were pleading her to know the truth.

She blinked in approval and he pressed her palm which was still in his palms. He slowly released her hand from his and he looked straight towards the road which was very empty and dark.

They could hear the crickets making sound. He had this serious expression on his face, but that didn't last for long. He just wanted to let it out all the time maybe? His eyes moistened and soon tears began streaming from his eyes.

He wiped his tears but they weren't stopping. Carefully observing everything that he was doing, she cupped his face and joined held him close to her. Their foreheads touched each other and her tears were hard to control looking at the person in front of her sobbing uncontrollably.

Pranav : She.. She was apple of our eye. We loved her a lot. Maa and Dad loved her a lot more than Vijay and me. She was never a spoilt brat. She was my little sister after all.

She looked at him and he parted away their foreheads and wiped her tears with his thumb.

Pranav : When I was 10,she was born. When Dad handed her to me, it felt so good. I was finally happy I have a sister now whom I can protect and play with.I couldn't stop myself from being possessive about her. All her schooling, Vijay and me were just there like bodyguards with her.

He chuckled going down the lane of his memories.

Pranav : Every Raksha bandhan was a big festival to us. She used to tease us and we used to do the same. Never in our lives no matter how much far we are we missed a raksha bandhan. It was all till 9 years back, everything changed from her just going away from home, getting married and.. only in contact with Vijay.

Sahana : She...is Pranavi?

Pranav : Yes! Maa named her with a mixture of my name and Vijay's name. They were all happy days Sahana, they indeed were and I am afraid, scared that I am responsible for everything to break into pieces and she had to face the consequences for my actions.

She was just listening to him and when he stopped telling her, she looked at him.

Pranav : You won't hate me after this will you?

Sahana : I won't, I promise I will accept you as you are. If we need a change we'll get through it together.

Pranav : she eloped.

Sahana's eyes widened hearing it. She was shocked.

Pranav : Must have been shocking right? Indeed it was for us too. We didn't knew how to respond just then Vijay was completing his graduation and she was still in her college. I've lost it Sahana, I really did. Every day, her smile, her laughter, her every single gesture I missed it. I was not that rich back then and we filed a police complaint but they told us both of them are majors and they have the right to live as they like. We were broken, the whole family was. Vijay dropped out in his final semester. Dad got a heart attack and there was not enough money with us.

Sahana just got down of the car and ran to his side. When he noticed what she was doing, she opened door for him and pulled him to get down. She looked into his eyes straight. His dark brown eyes held tears which were threatening to come out and she stood on her toes put her hand around his neck and hugged him tight. With the other hand she was just patting him gently.