37 Taken In

Getting up, the boys had now disappeared as I groaned before I ran into the tunnel.

I saw Bucky running as he was being chased by the mysterious man in black who were both being chased by Steve.

I rolled my eyes and took off running after them before I was beginning to gain on Steve, "Gonna run any faster?"

"Oh, you got jokes?"

I laughed as I then ran past the unknown man before catching up to Bucky. We ran up a car before outrunning it as he looked over to me, "How are you like me?"

"The same thing that happened to Steve, happened to me. Only I've been... modified."

"Like me?"

"Sort of."

"Can I trust you?"

I rolled my eyes and looked over at him as I smirked, "If you knew me, you'd trust me and you do."

He ran as I followed, running backward as I threw blasts of energy at the hostile man.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy."

"Right behind Steve, I'll be there in a sec."

I nodded before I turned back around catching up to Bucky as we jumped over a fence before he grabbed a motorbike pushing the driver away as I soften the landing of the stranger before Bucky turned to me, "Grab on!"

I turned my head and grabbed onto his shirt before we jumped into the air as he spun the seat under us, driving off. I looked back to see Steve following closely behind before I noticed the man in black run over a car as he leaped towards us only to be caught by Sam, midair.

I watched as Bucky dodged cars before he threw a grenade over our heads, hitting the overpass as it exploded. I quickly caught the debris and rubble from the explosion with my powers.

Placing it all down safely on either side of the road before I looked up as I noticed the unknown man falling towards us as I wrapped my arms around Bucky.

Creating a protective barrier around us, we were thrown off the bike as we rolled onto the ground. When I opened my eyes, I met his before he gave me a quick smile as he stood up and pulled me with him.

The man in black then charged towards us, I turned around and held him back using my powers as armed men began to surround us.

Rhodey then appeared in his suit before looking at us, "Stand down, now."

I let go of the unknown man as I was then pulled away from Bucky before I was held to the ground.

"Congratulations, CapnKat. You're criminals."

Steve gave me a look to do nothing as his arms were then held behind his back after he had arrived. I looked up to no longer see the masked man, except the new king. Rhodey turned to him and then looked him up and down, "Your highness."

I was then pulled off the ground, sedated, and then put into a cell just like Bucky. Steve and Sam were put in a car along with the king as I was stuck in a heavily armed truck.

~

I groaned as I opened my eyes only to see my arms held down along with my legs. I tried to pull my arm up but the metal clamps only kept me down.

I looked up and then met Bucky's eyes as he gave me a soft smile, "Just wondering, how do we know each other? I know that there was something about being childhood friends but, I feel that some information is missing."

I cleared my throat and took a deep breath before I nodded, "I mean we were all close. I- I don't know what more to say."

He furrowed his brows before he cocked his head, "No. There's more, there has to be more. You don't look at me the same way that Steve does. You seem to care more."

I let out a dry chuckle before I lowered my head, "I guess it's true then. You never really forget your first love."

I looked back up and met his eyes as they widened, "Wait."

He looked me up and down before letting out a breath of realization, "Kat?" I nodded and gave him a soft smile before he then looked down, "I understand how long it's been though. I'm glad you moved on."

"What?"

"Well, back at the apartment, Steve mentioned something about you being motherly. Don't you have a kid or is it just an expression he uses?"

"Oh, yeah. I have a little girl, Angelina."

"I'm happy for you. Who was the lucky guy?"

I looked up at him as my smile dropped, "I haven't moved on entirely, Bucky. Yeah, I have a daughter now. But only because her entire city was destroyed, including her parents. She has no known relatives and I couldn't let her go into the system, so I took her in. I do love her and I'm very happy I have her. But I never moved on. That kind of love doesn't leave."

I bit my lip as I looked at him as I lowered my voice, "I never stopped loving you."

"Kat, I-"

"Alright, enough chit-chat. Night night."

I turned my head but I was too late as the guard had sedated me again. I looked back at Bucky to see him mouthing my name only I couldn't hear anything. I could sense what was happening but I couldn't hear what was happening.

~

Soon enough, I opened my eyes and looked up to see Steve and Sam as they turned to me, "Kat. Hey, are you okay?"

"Why am I the only one in this?"

Steve sighed and crossed his arms, "They think you're a threat. With your abilities."

"Well, tell them I'm not a threat. Unless they try to sedate me one more time. I swear."

He chuckled and then nodded before coming back with an armed troop and another guy.

"Katerina Eriksen. I am Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Command-"

"Just let me out."

He nodded and they opened the cell as they released me from the metal clamps. I rubbed my wrists as I stood up and walked out, "You can tell your friends to stand down. I don't hurt innocent people."

Ross looked at me and then hesitantly told his men to leave before I took a seat at the table.

Natasha gave me a smile before she left the room as I sat while Steve was the only other person who stood watching the monitors.

"Steve, why are they doing this? I don't think it was him. I mean... he remembered."

He turned and sat down across from me as I rubbed my head, "What did he remember?"

"Well, I mean even before when we were running, he was asking questions about how we were similar. And then in the moving trucks, he asked how we knew each other and picked up that he and I were more than just friends. It hurts Steve, seeing him like this."

"I know. But at least he's starting to remember. It's better than nothing.'

"I guess."