48 The Grandmaster

Opening my eyes, I looked around until I met Thor's eyes.

I looked down to see myself sitting on his lap sideways, as I faced the wall and he faced forwards. Trying to move, we both struggled with restraints around our arms.

The walls then lit up and a voice started speaking, "Fear not, for you are found. You are home, and there is no going back. No one leaves this place."

I looked around, sensing other entities only seeing nothing but light and Thor.

"What is this place?"

I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Don't ask me, Thor. I wouldn't know."

And just like that, the voice came back, "But what is this place? The answer is Sakaar." Suddenly, the light around us showed us images of different things as the voice spoke, "Surrounded by cosmic gateways, Sakaar lives on the edge of the known and unknown."

Pictures flashed before us as the chair we were in moved through the tunnel.

"It is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. Like you. But here on Sakaar, you are significant. You are valuable. Here, you are loved."

"What..."

"The..."

"Hell..."

Thor and I exchanged confused looks before looking back at all the images.

I clenched my fists as I tried to access my powers only nothing was happening, we only kept moving.

"And no one loves you more than the Grandmaster." They were images of a guy with facepaint and robes before the voice continued, "He is the original. The first lost, and the first found. The creator of Sakaar and the father of the Contest of Champions."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Thor, "So, we're in a lost and found box. Thor, my powers aren't working."

More images flashed by and showed battle and slaughter across the land as a city developed, "Where once you were nothing, now you are something. You are the property of the Grandmaster."

I narrowed my eyes down the tunnel as the images started to speed up while the chair seemed to be moving faster down the tunnel.

"Congratulations! You will meet the Grandmaster in five seconds."

I closed my eyes sensing no movement but opened them only to see us plummeting through the tunnel. Thor began to yell in my ear as we seemed to be moving faster.

"Prepare yourself. Prepare yourself. You are now meeting the Grandmaster."

Thor let out a loud yell as I braced myself before the tunnel suddenly, disappeared. I looked up and peered around us as Thor continued to yell.

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the stomach before he stopped and shot me a look.

There was music playing and we then turned our heads towards the three standing before us. Others weirdly dressed surrounded us as the man in the middle watched us, excited and curious.

S142 was standing beside him smirking, as he then exhaled, "They're wonderful. He is strong and she is beautiful. It is a he and she?"

S142 nodded and looked at him, "It's a he and she."

He sighed and smiled, "Yeah. I love when you come to visit S142, you bring me the best stuff."

I cocked my head and whispered, "Did he just call us stuff?"

"Shh."

I struggled to try and get out again as he turned to me, "Could you not? You already took out a dozen of my men with your magic hand things. I mean, those cuffs already mess up your powers but it didn't seem to stop them. Hmm..."