Friend or Foe

TW: Panic attack, derealization, swearing

A/N: Kinda short, but I haven't updated for a bit and I wanted to, so here ya go :D

"Wilbur?" The man's brain seemed to stop. He couldn't do this. No, no, no, no. He couldn't do this again. Every semblance of courage he had seemed to evaporate as the phone slipped from his fingers, landing on the floor with a solid crack. But he didn't hear it.

Sinking to the floor, he suddenly became aware of the pounding in his chest, his quick, uneven breaths. What was wrong with him? Dream was his friend, one of his best friends in fact, why was he acting like this? Why were his fists clenching and unclenching as if he was about to face an enemy? Why were his hands shaking as if an animal was across the room, about to attack?

Swallowing thickly, he tried to take a deep breath, but he couldn't seem to get air into his lungs. Why couldn't he breathe? What was wrong with him? Why was he reacting like this?

Goosebumps pricked at his skin as he tried in vain to keep his limbs steady. Why was he so cold? Rubbing his arms, he tried not to think about the chattering of his teeth, the chills that were running up and down his neck.

"Wilbur! Wilbur, are you okay?!" Who was that? He knew that voice. "Wilbur, are you still there?" Where had he heard that voice before?

-

"Tommy, and Wilbur, and the rest of L'Manchildburg." Wilbur clenched his fists at the name. "We are at war! There is no mercy! We have burnt down Tubbo's house, we have planted TNT cannons around your land, we have cobblestone walled the outside, and we have shot one warning shot inside your walls, as an explosion!" Dream paused, thinking of his next declaration. "And we have no mercy, no mercy for you! Do you understand? We will come, we will burn down your houses, we will kill everything inside your walls, and we will take back the land that is rightfully ours!" The man smirked, "If you do not surrender, I wanna see white flags, white flags! Outside your base, by tomorrow, at dawn, or you are dead!"

The statement sent shivers down Wilbur's spine as he listened to it. Did he really want to do this? Did he really want to challenge the most powerful person in the land? He glanced at his brothers, his friends. They were all shaken, but their faces were set. They were really doing this.

-

"Y-yes," he managed between frantic breaths. He heard a couple mumbled words from the other side of the line, and he flinched. He knew that voice. It was the same voice that haunted his nightmares and occupied his every waking thought. The voice that fueled his paranoia and broke his spirit.

"Will?" The man looked up, into the confused and concerned eyes of one Philza Minecraft.

-

Tommy stared in confusion at the now black screen. Phil had left the call abruptly, saying something had happened. What the fuck? Biting his lip, he scrolled through his contacts, trying to find someone to talk to. Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Hey, Tubbo," Tommy greeted as the brunet joined the call.

"Hello, what's up?"

"Nothin' much, just bored."

"Awwww, are you being clingy?"

"Shut up," the boy chastised, but he was smiling. "I'm not being clingy."

"Yes, you are," Tubbo whined, drawing out the last word. "You're- you're being ClingyInnit!"

"Oh, fuck off, man!"

"No." If you could put emojis after speech in real time, Tubbo would've had a heart. "You're stuck with me forever!" the boy shouted like a general declaring war.

"I suppose I can deal with that," Tommy said quietly, taking the brunet by surprise.

"I can deal with it, too," Tubbo responded, smiling gently. "Though, you are gonna have to deal with Ranboo, as well."

"Well that's just too much to ask, then." Tubbo laughed.

"I'll tell him you said that."

"Go for it, what's he gonna do?"

"A lot of things."

"Uh huh." 

Yay! I'm gonna go to bed now, have a wonderful day/night!