1. ⏭ First Choice

Wednesday, September 16, 2015.

Barden University, Atlanta (Georgia)

.

"I just don't understand, who would do this to me?" Emily's voice cracks, "I... I worked hard for it. I didn't deserve this. Beca, you will help me, right? You're the only one I can trust... I thought they were my friends too..."

"Its okay, Em," Beca rubs the shaking girl's arms. she can only imagine how she's feeling right now, "you can count on me. We'll catch whoever did it,"

"Promise?" the younger girl sniffles, looking up at her friend with puppy-like watery eyes.

"I promise," the brunette responds firmly, "let's get down to business."

The Barden Bellas, which are now a popular acapella college group, have been living together for three years now. Aside from some occasional small fights and bickering, they've been living in harmony (all puns intended) up until now.

Whoever is responsible for this is gonna be properly punished, being charged with the house chores duties of every single Bella for a week. That meant cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry and the dishes, and grocery shopping. And of course, they will be refunding Emily.

But who would do something like this? It'd be easy to point fingers at Fat Amy, who's known for snatching snacks. Or Lily, who's always so secretive and mysterious. Or even Ashley and Jessica, who no one really pays attention to.

Beca goes on and on in her head with the possibilities, but all of them sting. Because no matter what comes up, the end result is that one of her friends - her chosen family - betrayed another.

Emily had left at four o'clock and has been out for about three hours and a half in total, in time for Beca to finish her shift at the radio station and pick her up.

After gathering the Bellas in the living room, Beca does a quick round of interrogations, ultimately dismissing them all back to their rooms. This is what she finds:

Fat Amy has been in her room streaming on Twitch.
Stacie has been practicing in the weight room.
Cynthia Rose has been on the roof studying.
Chloe has been in her room watching Netflix.
Lily has been in the basement exorcising it.
Ashley and Jessica have been in their room crafting.
Flo has been in her room studying.

No one had allegedly neared the kitchen. Beca, who's also a busy person, decides to give herself until midnight to wrap up the case.

Beca thinks it's time to investigate.

.
.
.

~~~ WHAT DO YOU DO? ~~~

- Check out the fridge (go to Chapter 2)
- Check out the counter (go to Chapter 3)