5. ⏭ Fat Amy

Fat Amy seems like the logical choice. She picks on Emily quite often, even if playfully, and she's known for taking food she's not supposed to touch. Usually, they would let it slide, but Emily worked hard the entire semester for those top notch chocolates that cost an arm and a leg.

She's currently in their shared room, watching Amy play some game on her ps4.

"Yea yea I know what you're thinking," the Aussie starts, "I don't have the best rep in the house when it comes to snacks... or Legacy," she sighs, "But I didn't do it. I admit I was tempted, but I ultimately came to my senses, ay? Y'all act like I'm the only one who likes food! But Legacy herself spent so much on chocolate!"

"Well-"

"Even Lily prepared a big ass basket in the kitchen just hours ago! She was like Little Red Riding Hood, except she was the one raised by the wolves I believe,"

"A basket?" Beca stops to think, "When was this? And what for?"

"Like, 2pm ish? I dunno, it was a work in progress when I saw it, so obviously it was empty," she shrugs.

"And then you left the kitchen,"

"Well yeah, I kinda went there just to open and close the fridge, I was bored. But we have the mini fridge in our room so I had what I needed here,"

This is the only room with a mini fridge, Amy begged to invest in this and Beca can't say she regrets it, especially during the summer.

"But yea I've been in here since. Been playing Overwatch all afternoon,"

Beca checks out the time stamps on the screen. They match up, however...

"There's a few blanks, Amy,"

"Huh?"

Beca replays the footage, sped up. There were some intervals of lagging in the live.

"Oh come on!" the blonde whines, "that's not on me! I'm not sum hacker!"

"I know. But during some of these gaps, you could have sneaked out and grabbed the chocolate..." Beca trails.

"You think I crashed on purpose?"

"Makes for a good alibi," Beca shrugged, which earned an eye roll from her friend.

"Whatever. Y'all are so sure of it just cause I tease Legacy a lot! But I'm not the only one capable of it, y'know?" that grabs Beca's attention.

"You have someone in mind?"

"Oh yeah. I know the culprit," Beca is surprised. It's a bold statement. Could it be that easy?

Fat Amy waves her over and she inches closer to her, as if she was telling some obscure secret.

"I heard the little one arguing with Stacie earlier. Yep! What about? I dunno, but Stacie was pretty loud so I didn't need to eavesdrop to know something was up,"

Yes, the argument is definitely suspicious.

"When was this?" Beca asks, writing down on her notepad.

Part of her hopes all the information the girls give her will match, but a more rational part wishes to catch someone red-handed. After all, she knows one of them is guilty, there's no point in making her job harder.

"Couple 'a hours after lunch, they were in Stacie's room. I was just walking back to mine from my toilet session,"

"TMI, Ames,"

"Well you're playing detective!"

"Alright," Beca says, "I'll take note. So you suspect Stacie?"

"Pshh, you know the girl, she can be petty, BM. She gets into catfitghts in bars more than me so are we surprised? She probably wanted payback," Fat Amy argues, "I think she did it but I just can't prove it. Alexa play No Body No Crime by Taylor Swift,"

The blonde turns back around in her chair, reaching for her joy pad while Beca thinks it over. Would Stacie go that far?

"I'll see you later, then," Beca collects her notepad and heads for the door.

"Bye B-Mitch, don't overwork yaself!"

.
.
.

~~~ WHO DO YOU TALK TO? ~~~

- Lily (go to Chapter 6)
- Stacie (go to Chapter 7)

[If you're here from Chapter 18, go straight to Chapter 19]