20. ...It Was Stacie

"...Stacie, I know it was you,"

All the girls instantly turn their heads towards the tall brunette, who is staring at Beca with wide eyes and mouth agape.

"I... What?!" she blurts out in disbelief.

"Emily stole from you, so you decided to give her a taste of her own medicine. You used your diet as a facade but who's to say you ate the chocolate at all? maybe you let it melt and threw it in the toilet,"

"No... that's not true!"

"You clogged the toilet, didn't you? Well, maybe Amy clogged it earlier too, but you've spent some time in the bathroom trying to unclog it, didn't you? Why not use the other bathroon?"

"I don't wanna use the one in the basement, it gives me chills!"

"Excuses," Beca uncrosses her arms, "you got the box after you turned the music off and immediately went to the bathroom to get rid of it,"

"And where would I put the box then, Sherlock?!" Stacie is fuming, betrayal all over her face.

"That part I haven't figured out yet... but you had a strong motive," Beca reluctantly takes her notepad out if her back pocket.

"Here you go, that's all I found," sge says, tossing the notepad on the coffee table.

"This is ridiculous!" Stacie is red in the face and her cheeks are just a tad puffed out.

"Not another word. I'm disappointed in you, Stace..." Beca's stern face falls into a bummed out expression, "just... take her away,"

Beca tries not to show it, but her bottom lip's trembling and she's doing her best to stop her eyes from watering and her chest from heaving as she sees Amy grabbing Stacie by the arms to drag her to the closet where the cleaning tools are. She shuts her eyes to block out the sound of her best friend sporadically calling her name.

It hurts, she will admit, but it had to be done.

"Thanks, Beca," Emily gives a half hearted smile as she places a comforting hand on her shoulder. The DJ exhales and opens her eyes, trying to return the smile.

"Of course, Em,"

.
.
.
.

- go to Chapter 28 (Epilogue 2)