6. ⏭ Lily

Beca decides to consult Lily. The girl seems to always have eyes everywhere, maybe she's seen or heard (or sixth- sensed) something.

"Come in," Beca jumps a bit, startled by the girl's voice from the other side of the trap door. She hasn't even knocked yet...

"Hi, Lily," she approaches the girl, who is sitting cross legged on a cushion on the floor.

"Hello. Have a sit," the girl offers, waving towards another flat cushion on the floor, which Beca hesitantly sits on. As she tries to get comfortable, the girl notices the eerie surroundings. Lots of liliac candles all around (which look slightly out of place), a skull with a knife held between its teeth on the furniture along with an empty wooden basket and black seeds scattered on the ground near herself.

"You want to talk to me about the crime, yes?" Lily initiates.

"Uh, yeah... I'm not accusing you or anything,"

Beca admits she's a bit scared of Lily sometimes. She loves her friend, of course, but she always found her a bit odd. Something off about her. Beca wouldn't be surprised if her profile lined up with that of a serial killer. She might be the culprit, Beca thinks.

"I just wanted to ask what you've been doing and if you heard anything?"

"Well, like I told you, I was exorcising the basement," Beca can tell, the moment she entered the room her nose scrunched up as it was hit with the strong smell of incense and burned candles. Strong enough to cover up the sweet scent of chocolate, that's for sure. Although Beca couldn't imagine enjoy a meal with that smell in her nostrils, Lily is unpredictable.

"Right, um... did that work?" Beca asks, glancing at the salt circles on the floor.

"We'll find out at the witching hour," the girl simply replies, "also, yes I've heard something,"

"Oh?"

"Well, I perceived it,"

"...Oh,"

"It's pain. I could feel it, the energy in the house was crying,"

"The uhm, the energy?"

"Yes. Someone's been in pain," Beca takes a mental note, wondering if she should actually take it into account for the case.

Beca thinks if Lily isn't just messing with her, the pain probably comes from Chloe. The girl hasn't been feeling well all day.

"I understand. Thank you, Lily," she finally says, getting up.

Truth be told, Beca is a bit disappointed, she hoped Lily would give her more insight. She's the eyes and ears of the house, she thinks.

"But I was in the basement," Lily speaks out of nowhere. Beca doesn't fully register it.

"Huh?"

"I'm usually the eyes and ears but I've been in the basement all day," Lily blankly elaborates.

Did she just???

Beca tries to blurt something out, but fails to, opening and closing her mouth repeatedly.

"Come to think of it, we were all inside. The only slightly different perspective could be from the roof," the quiet girl thinks out loud. Cynthia Rose?

"Good point. I'm gonna get going then," the brunette nods in goodbye as she opens the door, pretending she's not still freaked out by her friend quite literally reading her mind.

"Watch out,"

"For wha-" in that moment, Beca trips over her feet, then looks at Lily in disbelief. How did she know?

With her eyes still sgrained, she picks herself up and leaves, deciding she would definitely take it into account.

.
.
.
.

~~~ WHO DO YOU TALK TO? ~~~

- Chloe (go to Chapter 8)
- Cynthia Rose (go to Chapter 9)

[If you're here from Chapter 18, go straight to Chapter 19]