• Chapter 43 •

Today was the day of engagement. Everyone was busy in the arrangements. Some one was busy with decorations while others with food and caterers. Rakshit and Drishti were getting ready in their particular rooms.

Soon everything was done and the guests had also started arriving. Chetan and
Sarthak were busy welcoming the guests while Vidya and Mahima were helping Drishti and Rakshit respectively.

It was time for the bride and groom to come on the stage. Rakshit came first and then Drishti cane downstairs. As Drishti was descending the stairs Rakshit was busy staring her. His jaw dropped on seeing her.

(Drikshit's engagement clothes)

Drishti blushed seeing Rakshit staring her with his mouth open. She stood next to him and slightly closed his mouth with her finger.

"Do you want to kill me with your looks today?", Rakshit asked keeping his hand on his chest making Drishti blush more.

"Shut up! Waise you are also looking okay okay!", She said and giggled.

"Okay okay haan? Girls go crazy seeing my one look and you are saying okay okay.", He boasted himself.

"Girls may go crazy or anything just don't forget you are mine. Only mine!", Drishti said.

"Ohho possessiveness! I like it to be Mrs. Shergill.", Rakshit said.

"If you are done with your talks let's start with your engagement ceremony.", Mahima said when Drishti was about to reply to Rakshit.

They both came in the centre of the stage. Rakshit was about to make Drishti wear the ring when Romi ( Rakshit's friend ) asked him to propose her once in front of everyone.

Drishti was hesitant as she was feeling shy in front of everyone. While Rakshit accepted it immediately. He went on his knees and held the ring in his hand.

"Drishti, my love, you are the beauty of my heart. The day I met you was the best day of my life. Even though I didn't realise but you had stolen my heart ever since then. Your smile, your laughter, your happiness, your cuteness, even your slaps are very precious to me now. My happiness lies in your happiness. I promise I will keep you happy and safe all your life. So will you marry me?", Rakshit said bringing tears in Drishti's eyes.

"Yes! I love you Rakshit. I love you so much!", Drishti said.

"I love you too.", Rakshit said and made her wear the ring.

She made him stand and also made him wear the ring. She hugged him while all the guests and their families adored them and clapped for them. They broke their hug.

(Drikshit's rings)

(Drikshit's rings)

All the guests congratulated them and clicked pictures with them. Divya had also come there. She also congratulated them and clicked pictured with them. She and Romi became friends. After some time the function ended, all the guests left.

Next day

It was Drikshit's mehendi ceremony today. Drishti was sitting in a beautiful green lehenga. The designers were applying mehendi on her hands. Lavanya and her other friends were dancing on the song Mehendi Hai Rachne Wali.

Drishti was enjoying her mehendi ceremony to its fullest. She was smiling and laughing all the time. While some one was just staring at her and adoring her. It was Rakshit.

(Drikshit's mehendi ceremony clothes)

Soon her mehendi was fully applied. She wanted to drink water so she came to the table was water was kept but she was not able to drink it as her mehendi was not dried yet and she didn't want to ruin it. She was looking for someone when Rakshit came and stood in front of her.

"Whom are you finding when your one and only super handsome to be husband is here?", Rakshit said.

"Oh god! How much self obsessed you are! Now stop with your self boasting and help me in drinking water and also feed me something. I am really hungry.", Drishti said.

"Okay my queen. Come have a seat and I will bring some food for you.", Rakshit said and left to bring food.

Soon he came back with a plate filled with food. He made her drink water first as she was thirsty. Then he fed her with his hands.

"Thank you my hubby!", She said and kissed his cheeks.

"If I get such a romantic thank you, then I will spend my entire life in feeding you!", Rakshit said.

"Shut up you cheesy romantic idiot!", Drishti said and hit him her elbow.

"Are you a chameleon or something! You change within a minute. Just few seconds before you kissed my cheek saying thank you and now you are hitting me!", Rakshit said rubbing his arm where she hit him.

"Stop with your overacting and move. I have to go. Function is still going on.", She said and walked past him.

With such cute fights, nok-jhoks, dance and masti, the function came to an end. Everyone enjoyed the function.

    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

How's the part?

I hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote and drop your precious comments.

Lots of love,
Sanjana