In Sickness and In Health

TW: abusive parents (verbally and physically)
~~
Marriage is more than a piece of paper. Marriage is when you vow your love to someone no matter what, through thick and thin, and in sickness and health. And sometimes, have to keep loving each other even when everyone in the world objects against you.

~~
NOT PROOFREAD

"Well, I always knew I would marry you, but I never expected it to be like this" Team chuckled underneath the play structure. Sure the two were marrying each others hearts in a playground underneath a slide, but that didn't mean Team couldn't be touched.

You see, Win and Team are both in their final year of University together, Team was able to take extra classes in order to finish with his lover. They had started their relationship during his first year, and continued through till this moment. But not everyone was accepting.

Their parents didn't exactly know of this relationship, but they didn't have to explicitly say it in order to know the elders wouldn't approve.

From swearing at the TV when a same-sex couple appeared to ripping up public posters that showed support of the LGBTQ+ community. It was easy to see that good things wouldn't happen if the two were to come out.

That's why, even though they both deeply desired it, they couldn't have an official wedding as they planned after Graduation. Therefore, they had to settle for the hiding spot beneath a playground and 2 ring-pops with their favorite colors. But hey, love is love- no matter in what state it comes.

"I know it's not what we wanted. But as long as i'm with you, i'm content as could be." Team chuckled at his lovers statement before Win put a gentle finger over his lips to quiet him down. Sure there was no one around, but they could never be too safe. It was graduation day after all, their parents said they would be going out sight seeing in the University city, but who knows where they are at the moment.

"Now, Team, do you take Win, in sickness and in health, to be your loftily wedded husband?" Dean said. Oh did I forget? The entire group was hiding as well underneath the structure, with Dean as the bishop.

Team took a deep breath, to keep him self from crying at the overwhelmingly loving feeling he felt. "I do". The group gave silent cheers and Dean proceeded. "And Win, do you take Team, in sickness and in health, to be your loftily wedded husband?". The crowd went silent in excitement as Win caressed the hands of his lover. "I do, with all my heart".

More silent cheers were expressed. "Then, I now pronounce you husbands as credited by the 20 minute course i took online before this. You may now, Kiss your Husband". The two leaned in while the group, no longer silent, cheered at their loudest volumes while the two men kissed each other with so much love that tears began streaming down everyone's face.

The moment was beautiful, it was perfect,

it was ruined...

A gasp, loud enough to make the entire group seize their actions and known enough to make Win and Teams heart immediately sink to the ground.

It was the gasp of 2 men combined.
Win and Teams fathers. Their mothers already crying from behind. So disappointed and ashamed they left seconds after witnessing the scene.

The two parents were supposed to be out sight seeing until the suns rays got too hot for them to be outside. Low and behold, the shade of the only trees around were the ones circling the playground. At a perfect angle where this hidden spot wasn't so hidden anymore.

"Leave please" Win spoke while turning around to their friend group. Dean immediately stood and went to his best friend, knowing exactly how his father was. "Win I can-" he was stopped. "Please... go" he repeated. A nod was earned and Dean took Pharm quickly from the scene, not wanting him to see what was to come and the rest of the group dispersed into the parking lot to value their friends privacy.