23. Let's Make A Toast

I walked in the door and found rose petals leading all the way to the dining table. The table was set with food and candles, I heard light music playing in the background. I gasped at how beautiful the scene in front of me was.

"Do you like it?" Chad asked coming around the corner "I wanted to properly apologize for the way I did you last night"

I had completely forgot about Chad leaving me hanging last night, I was just happy we were on good terms. "Aww baby don't be, I understand that you were hurt." I told him "This is beautiful baby! Thank you!" I walked over to him and gave him a kiss.

"Have a seat my love, and eventful night awaits." He guided me to my seat.

We sat across from each other, as we ate we had small talk. Nothing to serious "How's the food Rem? I hope you like it"

"It's great babe, did you make it?" I asked once I finished chewing.

"No baby do you really think I could get all of this together in two hours?" It was obviously a lot of work and thought put into this so I knew he had help.

"I appreciate this so much!" I said with a huge grin.

"Wait until you see what's for desert" He held up a finger and walked into the kitchen. He came back in just his underwear while holding a cake.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked with a smile.

"Your favorite...red velvet cake and sex" he walked over to me, kissed me on the lips and placed kisses all down my jawline.

"Not until we eat cake" I pushed him away and grabbed my fork. I never played about my cake!

"Of course, I should've know you would pick your cake over me" he faked being upset and then smiled.

I took one last bite and looked up at Chad. "okay now I'm ready" I laughed and ran into the bed room, with Chad right on my heels.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up sore and tangled in Chads' embrace. I looked up and smiled 'God I love this man' I thought. I kissed him on the cheek and slowly tried to untangle myself when his arms tightened around me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me sleepily.

"I was going to go and make us some breakfast" I said with a frown.

"No baby stay in bed I'll make us something" he got up and put on his boxers.

"Thank you baby" he leaned over, gave me a peck on the lips and left.

I got up and decided I would take a shower and get ready for my day, knowing that CiCi wanted to meet up today to tell the girls the news.

As soon as I got out the shower I heard my phone ringing.

Me: hello?

CiCi: hey Rem, how are you this morning?

I could tell she was happier than yesterday and couldn't wait to find out why.

Me: hey girl! You sound happier than yesterday.

CiCi: I am actually.

Me: What's got you so happy?

CiCi: I'll tell you when we meet up later, I was thinking like maybe 5, for dinner?

Me: Yea that'll be fine. I'll see you soon.

CiCi: Alrighty bye!

I checked the time and it was only 11:30. I had pretty much all day to spend with Chad, and I had no idea of what I wanted to do.