Chapter 16: Hooked Up On a Feeling

Acacia Mcknight

"Acacia? Can you hear me?" I heard a husky voice pierce through my sensitive ears

I let out a moan, turning my head to the other side but it hurt so bad.

The pillow dipped with every move I made. It's quite soft.

Casey, we are alive?

Oh lord is surely merciful!

But, I can't exactly feel my body.

Are we angels?

Oh damn! I just got married!

I opened my eyes to be blinded by an illuminating white light. Instantly, I brought my hand up to my eyes, shielding them from the abuse.

"Acacia?" The same voice called, caressing my bare arm.

I breathed in, slowly opening my eyes again. There he was, Damien. He looked like a mess. I doubt I ever saw him so overwrought.

His hair was messy, falling onto his forehead, eyes were tired and agitated, and his shirt was barely buttoned, revealing most of his glorious upper body.

"Hi.." I whispered, my voice sounded so hoarse to my ears. It wasn't very audible, just slightly.

Damien instantly moved closer, bringing my hands to his chest.

"How are you feeling? Does it hurt too much?" He asked, hurriedly but his voice was low, very low.

His fingers glided over my forehead, removing a strand of my hair.

I smiled, "I survived, see Damien, your wife is a born fighter"

"I am so sorry, Acacia" Damien whispered, remorsefully.

Tears pricked my eyes, the pungent smell of antiseptics and the bitter artificial scent of the hospital made me slightly dizzy.

"Damien, it's not your fault. Why-" I paused to breathe in, the pressure of my stomach unbearable and I made sure to be quiet. I don't want Damien to be guilty again.

"Don't apologize, please."

Damien kissed my knuckles before kissing my forehead as I closed my eyes.

His fingertips caressed my cheeks and neck.

I took a deep breath, "How long was I out for?"

Damien kissed my nose making me smile before pulling away, "3 days"

My eyes widened as I started to choke on my saliva.

"Don't tell me I wasted our honeymoon in the hospital!" I rolled my eyes, ah dang it!

Damien let out a soft chuckle, "Did you stay here?" I asked, extending my hand to him.

Taking my hand in his, he continued to kiss it. "Why wouldn't I? Was I not supposed to?"

"Damien, baby, if you continue to show so much affection, I might even fall for you" I giggled as Damien smiled, looking down.

Don't lie, Casey, you have fallen for him.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

It's been 2 days since I was discharged and 5 days since that incident.

Right now, Damien is talking to somebody on his phone while I'm watching TV.

I can't do anything because apparently, Damien thinks I'm too delicate.

It hurts to move or walk, dumbo! Stop torturing us.

Thankfully, I didn't break any part of my body and I am fine, just a mild concussion.

Damien kept his gaze on me, still talking and going through some file of his.

"Do you need something?" He mouthed as I looked around.

Quickly, I shook my head, keeping my eyes on him.

He's an angel. And Claire, the lady dog, is a devil.

She shouldn't have played him so bad.

"And what may you be thinking?" Damien asked, breaking my trance, plopping on the bed, next to me.

"Nothing," I grinned.

If he finds out, he might even kill me.

"We'll be leaving for Los Angeles, tomorrow," He declared as I groaned, fake crying.

"I don't wanna fly!!"

Dayum Casey, shut up. You were so loud.

Damien patted my shoulder, "Your exam is coming up, I doubt we should waste our time here"

I glared at him as he playfully winked, shrugging.

He knows exactly how much I hate exams. Ewwy, they are disgusting.

Oh! Caseyrella! It's hottie's birthday in almost a week!

Oh yes!

"Damien!" I enthusiastically clapped diverting his attention from his file.

"Yes?" He was busy, so obviously, he sounded busy. But did I care? No, not one bit. I'm a born birthday party planner, I can't just let this go.

"How do you celebrate your birthday? Like, what types of parties do you like?" I asked, turning my body to him.

He squinted, tapping his chin. "I don't celebrate my birthday"

My eyes flew out of the socket as I gasped, dramatically.

"No way! You're literally turning 24 and you won't celebrate!? Are you cray-cray? Have you never celebrated it before!?" I almost yelled but he just looked at me weirdly, his face screaming 'what the heck do you mean?'

"Acacia, chill, it's not a big deal. And no, I don't celebrate it, I don't have time"

I grabbed his collar, trying to look menacing but he just laughed, and my eyes widened as his hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me to his chest.

"Damien, when was the last time you celebrated?" I asked, looking into his eyes. They glowed with mischief and playfulness as his fingers tickled me a little, not enough to make me jerk away though.

I wasn't very aware of our distance because parties are obviously more important.

Casey, you are the epitome of embarrassment.

"Hmm, when I turned 17?" He said, still in his thoughts.

No way, he hasn't celebrated in 6 whole years!?

"What were you doing? How could you?" I was far more offended, just how could he?

Damien laughed, "Babe, I was a law student, I didn't even get Christmas breaks, let alone an insignificant birthday"

Aww. That's sad.

"Your birthday is so not insignificant, Damien. It's in fact very important. Now I'm even more excited about it"

Damien smiled, "You're the first to say that," I just grinned, moving away from his chest.

He surely deserves the best and I can't wait to surprise him!

I just hope Damien doesn't overwork himself upon the incident with the man that day. He's already so busy and people are just bringing hurdles upon him.

Cut him some slack, he hasn't hurt anyone.

********
Heyo! I hope you guys liked it!

Acacia is recovering!

Damien is one caring man, me likey!

Ma mans turning 24 soon! How will Casey surprise him?

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Stay safe! <3

-Aubree <3

Ma mans turning 24 soon! How will Casey surprise him?Don't forget to comment and vote!Stay safe! <3-Aubree <3