Chapter 38: Better Drunk Than Sober!

Acacia Mcknight

I sat on the bed with my legs crossed, in front of Damien. He turned around and grabbed a small box, handing me one and keeping the other.

I smiled lightly and opened the box. I am still mad at him but I am keeping that aside because I took my revenge last night.

Damien quietly took my left hand in his and slowly slid on my diamond wedding ring while keeping his eyes on me.

Oh yes, Casey took it off because that time, she was so over Damien.

I felt excitement and happiness fill me the moment I saw the ring. It's my most favourite thing and it means a lot to me.

I hadn't worn the ring since the day Damien said all the things to me and hid it in my stuff so I was pretty shocked when he found it.

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked, furrowing my brows as I pulled my hand away from him.

Damien shrugged, "Won't you do the same?"

He asked, pointing at the small box in my hand with his chin.

Oh yes, sorry.

I looked at the box before looking back at him. This is the first time in 48 hours that Damien hasn't said something mean to me.

Aside, he was still being pretty cold towards me so I too didn't initiate talking, however, inside I was hurt.

"I'm still angry with you, so no. I won't. Plus, you don't need to show people you're married, literally, Damien, no one cares about who you are married to. They will just send me threat messages and continue their life flirting with you. I don't care" I ranted and got off the bed.

I felt a tug at my robe and it dropped to the ground revealing my nightdress. I usually never wear them, but Stacy threw all my pyjamas in the wash. I didn't even ask her to!

 Casey be looking hot though

I turned around at the speed of light and glared at Damien, who was shamelessly smirking.

"You do care, Acacia. And because I am married to you, more women approach me. Some just prefer affairs and dangerous relationships, me included."

"Damien, you freaking psycho!" I yelled and snatched my robe from him but he pulled it back, making me leaning over the bed.

Ouch, my back!

Ouch! My soul!

Damien just had this carefree and devilish smirk on his face as he whispered, "From what I remember, babe, you seemed to like erotic genres. Psychotic constituted."

Oh no, abort! He knows!

My face paled and I once again tried to snatch it but this time he grabbed my wrist and pulled me on top of him.

This time, I hovered above Damien and no matter how hard I tried, he wouldn't let me move. He had this tight hold on my waist and his fingers stroked my back gently.

"Let me go unless you really want me to report you" I warned and fisted my hands on top of his chest.

He rolled his eyes, "You are on top of me, sweetheart, not the other way round"

I groaned and tried to push him but it became a little inappropriate as he pulled me closer.

Oh hell wow! He seems eager?

Shush it!

My cheeks turned bright red as I lowered my head and looked away.

I felt his arms move away from me but he pushed me in a way it made my lips collide with his.