Chapter 8: This Stupid Tongue of Mine!

Acacia Russell

I'm scared.

Wait, I lied.

I'm freaking petrified

My stupid hands wouldn't stop shaking and I think I have produced 50 gallons of sweat, how am I still alive?

Thank the cells keeping you alive, Casey

Why am I scared, if you're wondering?

In 21 years of my life as a pretty woman, I can count on my very one hand the number of times I have been on the plane. Once. Yes just one time, and that was when I was forced to attend the wedding of a distant relative.

That was so far the worst journey ever, the wedding itself was disastrous, the bride tripped over her dress and spilt the drinks on the groom.

Note to self, never do that on d-day, I'm clumsy but that'll just be traumatic for not only me but Damien too. 

Oops, got sidetracked a little.. Anyways, it's time to talk plane. 

Even though the chances of a plane crashing are rare, showing full trust in my luck, I'll probably die.

Thankfully, I kept my composure and sat in the waiting room with my and Damien's family.

I haven't seen Damien since yesterday night and I think he is gone to check in with the airport staff.

This dude is filthy rich, like Casey... All our chocolate dreams will come true.

I looked around the luxurious, first-class waiting room: Huge glass panels, elegant couches and duty-free's circling the area, it was huge obviously, it's the first class's lounge.

A blondie sat next to me. 

The blondie was my soon to be sister in law, If you haven't guessed, It's Christie.

I swear on my holy chocolate, she is the kindest person I have ever met. Christie is so comforting and that's the only reason I haven't lost my mind here.

Also, she is a gorgeous woman. I think I am sure beauty travels in genes, Christie and Damien both are a work of art.

She has shoulder-length blonde hair, unlike Damien's dark green eyes, she has bright blue ones. Christie is 26 years old and is just as tall as me. Slim and has a model-like body. She carries herself so well, I'm flattered. You can tell from miles away that she is a billionaire or a billionaire's daughter, yet she's so humble and kind.

"Are you waiting for Damien? Acacia?" Christie said as I turned my gaze to see her smiling.

I smiled, letting go of my navy blue dress before asking, "Um... Where is he?"

Christie looked around and said, "Damien just went with dad, they were talking with the pilot"

My mouth formed an o shape as I nodded,

"Damien is a very calm person," She said, all of a sudden making me turn.

That's something I found out the moment I saw him, Damien is the calmest person I know.

"Claire was not right for him, she played with his love" Her eyes became teary as I frowned

Who's Claire? Damien's fiance? I don't know, he never took her name.

"You know, Acacia, I am so grateful you love him... Damien has never wronged any-"

Even though Christie was talking to me, I couldn't help but panic at the thought of the plane.

I am so close to freaking out right now.

We are feeling just fine fine fine! I'm great, Casey, babe, say that to us, please! 

"Yes, yes. Christie, I am a saint. Dad's calling you" I heard Damien's husky voice sarcastically cut through Christie's as she immediately nodded, giving me an apologetic smile to leave me hanging before walking towards Damien.

"Good Morning, Acacia," Damien said, sitting next to me with his legs spread, his elbows on his knees, while he went through some papers.

"Good Morning, Damien! How did you sleep?" I asked, smiling as he turned his head to me for a moment.

"Great. You seem nervous, are you worried?" Damien asked, turning his attention to me.

His gaze wasn't playful like usual, he seemed a little reserved.

"N-no, I am perfect, so perfect. Why would I be scared of a plane? Obviously, Damien, I'm not panicking so don't take it that way" I said it all in one breath, haha, I am so relaxed.

Casey, babe, please admit yourself to a mental hospital. Why would you rant! He'll know we're nervous!

Damien raised his eyebrows, amused before leaning in. I noticed he did that when he wanted his point to be clear... He always seemed so intimidating.

"Acacia, breathe" He calmly said as I took a deep breath.

"Good girl, now listen to me clearly, okay?" He whispered, looking into my eyes as I slowly nodded.