Chapter 14: Love is Nothing But a Lie

Damien McKnight

I'm being held down, my legs have definitely lost the ability to perform and I most probably feel something tickling my neck.

I don't have a pet..

Groaning lowly, I moved the weight from me but wait.. Can dogs moan?

Holy shit!

My eyes snapped open at the groans and moans of discomfort while the hold on me tightened.

There she was, Acacia, sleeping literally on top of me. Her dress was pretty much dishevelled, her long brown hair covered most of my arm and she tightly clutched onto my shirt while nuzzling her face in my chest.

How on earth do I tell her I'm sensitive to touch? A little skin contact is okay, but so much is a little weird. It's creating goosebumps and even the slightest movement of hers will just cause me a problem I'm not keen on facing now.

Acacia threw her leg over mine and snuggled in.

Shit, too much contact now.

I moved my arm from her waist and got up.

Her head was just dangling off the pillow so I adjusted it a little, covering her with a blanket before walking to the washroom to shower.

Sleeping with Claire was vastly different because one; she was barely home and two; when she was home, mom wouldn't let her near me. Mom seriously hated Claire and now, I clearly see why. But when Claire did touch me, it was a light glide or tap because she knew about my sensitivity so she only touched me when I did, that itself was pretty rare.

Whereas Acacia was more fond of skinship I believe because since the moment she was knocked out last night, she hadn't left me even for a moment. It's cute but it's dangerous for me.

After the shower, I put on a white knitted sweater and a pair of jeans because believe it or not, It's fucking cold in Venice in the month of December.

Walking out, I saw Acacia shuffling out of the bed, getting rid of her phone the moment I came out. I kept my gaze on her while she looked around, rather hastily. She is nervous, she does that only when she's nervous. Her hair looks like it's been blasted with a bomb of some sort, her cheeks are rather flushed, her eyes are puffy, teary and squinted while her fluffy brows hold a heavy frown.

"Are you okay?" I asked shifting my sight to her phone before bringing it on her. Her hands had a firm hold on the duvet and she wouldn't stop biting her lips.

Is something bothering her?

I kept my towel away, closing the window as the wind started to pick up.

"Y-yeah, of course, I am, Damien, why would I be scared? I'm not a scaredy-cat"

Yup, she's nervous. She speaks a lot when she's hiding something.

"I never said that, I asked if you're okay, is something bothering you?" I repeated, walking closer to the bed, sitting on the bed, right in front of her.

Acacia wouldn't look at me, not once.

I took her hands in mine, pushing her hair back from her shoulders. She was not wearing her robe but that just implies she feels safe enough with me. I have no intentions of wavering her trust either.

Why is she sniffling?

Her phone wouldn't stop ringing.

I raised my arm to reach her phone but she instantly grabbed my arm with her cold hands and pulled them to herself.

"D-Damien please, it's nothing" Her voice shivered and her fingers held onto my sleeves, occasionally grazing against my hand.

I frowned subtly, keeping my gaze on hers,

"It's just a g-girly thing, don't stress it okay?" Acacia gave me a smile, removing her hands from mine and began to stand.

"Okay, then. Do tell me if something's bothering you." I said voice low as I put on my watch.

I'll let it pass because she's clearly uncomfortable right now and knowing how sensitive she is, I don't want to ask her anymore.

Acacia hummed slowly and made her way to the washroom.

While she was showering, my phone began to ring.

"Claire, you won't listen, would you?" I mumbled lowly, picking it up.

"How are you baby?" Claire asked, her voice sickeningly sweet.

Rolling my eyes and licking my lips I said, "I can sue you for harassment, Claire"

I heard her groan, "Come on Babe, we both know you love me"

I let out a laugh, "The only person I love right now is my wife, you are on the; to kill list, babygirl"

"Damien! Don't tell me you got married" She screeched and I pulled the phone away from my ear, Damn, she's fucking loud.

"Claire, darling, you're fucking slow" She was about to say something but I heard something fall in the washroom with a loud thump so instinctively, I called out,

"Acacia, are you all right?" I put my phone in my pocket and knocked on the door.

"Yup, I'm fine, Damien, don't worry" She yelled and laughed wholeheartedly through the door.

Acacia is actually dangerously clumsy, I have seen her bump into the most uncommon objects yet she just shrugs and giggles it off. She is something else.

"Ah yes, Claire" I whispered, taking out my phone.

"Acacia? Is that her name?"

God fucking dammit. She was the last person I'd introduce Acacia to.

"Damien, I swear to god I'll take my revenge and I'll ruin you"

Is she even in the position to say so?

"I'll be waiting for your attack then, hope to see you soon" That's all I said before I was about to hang up but Claire's loud voice came through,

"Damien, haven't you hurt innocent people enough!? Why would you act so impulsively? You married a girl you don't love!"

My gaze darkened as I lowered my left hand into my pocket, my jaw clenched and my fingers curled up into a fist "I can marry whoever the fuck I want, Claire, I don't need your approval, don't fucking forget you are the cheater here, not me"

I threw my phone onto the bed and ran a hand through my hair.  

Maybe this is why you shouldn't share everything even if you need to get it out. Claire used my most vulnerable truth against me even though she promised to keep it within.

And this is exactly why I won't love anyone again.

The door creaked open revealing Acacia. I looked up at her and she looked absolutely beautiful. Her long hair dripped with water, soaking the top parts of her soft blush dress, She was smiling brightly as she waddled towards me.

 Her long hair dripped with water, soaking the top parts of her soft blush dress, She was smiling brightly as she waddled towards me

"Damien! Damien! I want to explore Venice, are you free?" I gave her a small smile, nodding.

"Yeah, of course"

My words might have appeared dry to her because she frowned, "Are you sad? Damien?"

She grazed her thumb across my cheek making me look away.

"I'm fine, Acacia" I whispered, holding her wrist, her bracelets tickling my palm as the cold metal of the wedding ring poked my skin

"Well.. Do tell me if something's bothering you" She whispered gently as I let out a breathy chuckle

Oh, sweetheart, I wish. 

********
Hellos!

This one's in Damien's POV, and lord, Claire is such a bitchy ex! Me no likey.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Stay safe! <3

-Aubree <3

Don't forget to comment and vote!Stay safe! <3-Aubree <3