A Day Too Late

Eraserhead Pro

Over the last 4 years 20 homes burned down to the ground with no survivors, but if I hadn't been looking through Tsukauchi's files I wouldn't have noticed anything. All 20 of those houses all had one kid. Not one of those kids body's where found. 

My headache grew as the lack of sleep was getting to me.

It took some digging up but I finally found another connection all the kids had. All of them were quirkless.

 Dread pooled in my gut.

 It took me four years to even get a led, and just like that the building we were going to raid goes up in flames a day before our plans. That was no coincidence, but how did they find out? Who could have told them? 

"RING...RING...RING"

I get up from my couch and walked over to my kitchen table where my phone was. The collar idea read Naomasa Tsukauchi. 

"RING...RING..RI.."

Sighing, I picked up my phone.

"Has your team found anything new?" Eye's aching I brought my hand to my eyebrows.

"We have, there is a slim chance that a child survived."

Surprised I then said in a low voice, "Explain."

"Our forensic team found the remains of 19 bodies, but there could always be the more logical reason that there was never a 20th kid, or the fire that burnt down that house was an actual accident."

Hearing this I didn't believe it for a second. 

"Being a hero has taught me that, that will never be the case."

"I know. If we find anything else I'll call you. Right now we are trying to go through all the security cameras in the area but nothing has come up."

"Thank you, detective."

Hanging up the phone I went back to my couch and picked up shanks my cat. 

"Where are problem child." The empty apartment didn't respond back to me. "Don't worry kid I'll find you."