Zombies

Heads up, this chapter is longer than my other ones.

Also, thanks for all the support!

~~~

"Okay," Mic said over the speakers, "As the students get ready let me explain the game in more detail. First off, it is a game called Zombies. There will be one person starting as the Zombie. They will try to tag the other students. There are 42 participants along with the tagger - making 43. This is a competition of time and elimination. Let me explain that a little further. As I said earlier if more than 33 people are tagged then the game with restart and everyone will have a chance to win again. When it gets down to the last 15 a timer will be set for 5 minutes. In that time the last 15 must work together because if 6 of them get tagged the game will restart. There must be less than 10 survivors for the game to restart. As soon as those five minutes are up and 10 of those students survived then the round is over and the finals will begin."

Even though I was in a room under the stadium I could still hear every word.

"Guys, can you make out what he just said?"

"No, it's way too muffled."

"Midnight will tell us, don't worry."

They had given everyone gloves with the ability to leave a green residue. The ones who didn't have hands, or hands that didn't work with the gloves, were given other options. You can only be turned into a zombie if you get green on you. Even a drop will turn you into a Zombie.

"Listen up kids." Midnight stated as she walked into the room, "There is another rule: if you can find other ways to get this type of green on the others it is fair game. As soon as you are tagged, the gloves you are wearing will activate and start producing the green stuff. Until then you are still human."

Sounds okay and complicated. As soon as it gets down to fifteen it will be 15 vs 28.

Twenty-eight zombies. All with quirks.

She kept explaining the rules so I slunk off into the halls. I had already heard Mic explain so there was no reason for me to stay.

I found myself wondering truthfully if I was looking for a drinking fountain, but also I needed to get my nerves to settle down.

It feels like I'm going back out in the arena; it feels like the circus.

"I will defeat you."

The voice was Shoto's. I don't know why but I started walking toward it.

"Try it, flower boy."

That one was Bakugo.

"I will show my father that I don't need my fire to beat you. Everyone knows you are at the top of the class; he even knows. He thinks I need to use my fire against you to win. Fire against fire."

"Shut up, I am going to win."

I zoned out. I heard Shoto say something like ten years ago... but I already know his story. I have a lot of files on Endeavor. It is a sad story but also Shoto has a lot of support from his older siblings so it's not that bad. I also know that he spends his dad's money without any care. I mean, if you have to cope with how you were raised, spending your father's money isn't a bad way to do it. I found out about it because he owns three cars and already has a speeding ticket, but I don't know how he has a license already, he probably bought that too.

"And that's why." he finished.

"Like I care. Have you seen Ren? He's got it a lot harder than you."