Crutches (Chapter 19)

It's as if they melded the bracelet around my wrist. There are no marks on it. It's just a smooth silver. It doesn't even look like a tracking device. I slide my shirt down covering it. 

I was in Eraserhead apartment, in the main bathroom.

School had been canceled for a week. The USJ attack had Nezu and all teachers head deep in the media. Even class 1-A had new reporters following them. 

Luckily nothing leaked about me. 

School starts again today, meaning I needed to dye my hair. I really didn't like how Eraserhead and Hitoshi look at it. 

Everyone in my class has been trying to contact me. Some even wanted to visit but none had any idea where I lived. Given that I live in a falling apart hotel I'm not inviting anyone over. That space is mine and mine alone.

When I was coming out of the bathroom I made sure my long sleeves covered my wrists.

I walked into the kitchen to see the two Aizawas drinking coffee. Shota was still covered in bandages but Hitoshi was completely healed with a scratch here and there. 

Without moving his head Eraserheads met my eyes. 

"No walking," Eraser said as I walked into the room.

I just spent the last two hours in the bathroom on my feet. I completely forgot the crutches in there. 

I gave him the biggest smile. I went back to the bathroom and got the crutches. 

I really didn't need these things but arguing with Shota was something I couldn't do right now. 

I came back out and hopped to the counter with my backpack, crutches in hand. I could feel their stares on my mass of black hair. 

I looked at them, smiled again, and asked, "No one else knows right?"

"No. It's me, RatGod, RG, and Hitoshi."

"Ren, you shouldn't hide this," Hitoshi said. 

I wouldn't expect anything less from Hitoshi. This past week I've seen nothing but admiration in his eyes. He was the only one who didn't look at me as if I was breaking. 

I smiled at him again and nodded. 

Both of them looked disheartened. 

"Ren, please just talk to us."

Hitoshi was so persistent. 

"Sure! What do you want to talk about?"

I made my voice as normal and upbeat as possible. 

I knew I was being cruel. They just wanted to help me, but I didn't want this type of help. The first time I trust someone they turn around and stab me. I thought Nezu out of anyone would know how to keep a secret. He's an animal just like me. 

But NOW I can't forget that he's part rat. 

"Ren stop it." Eraser looked at me. 

The look both of them gave me doubled my guilt.

Why was I feeling guilty?

I swallowed and spoke up, "I'm going to go a bit early. I'll catch you two in class."

"No, you are not. You have to have a trained hero with you at all times. If you want to go early I can give Mic a call and he can take you."

Eraserhead was getting on my nerves. I've been on my own long enough. I don't need any hero to help me get to school. I can beat half of them in a head-on battle anyway.