I have to (Chapter 9)

I've been reading through the papers that La Brava made for me. To explain my quirk, she made documents that I was adopted by an older aged couple who couldn't have kids. Sadly, they got into a car crash and my alleged father died, and my mom spent a couple years in a hospital. This is when I had to get my jobs to help with the medical bills. My mom's mental state is almost completely "gone". So now she is staying in a mental institute and somehow in all this the authorities overlooked me. So I've been living on my own for a while. My mom is getting worse. To top it off Brava made sure to put that my 'mom' can't be visited due to her mental state. Sadly everyday her dementia is growing. She can't even remember the week.

Ren this will explain the bad habits you try to hide. I know you're good at hiding them but when you slip up (like I have seen) you now have a reason. You are going to have to fill in all the little details, but you are good at that. It was really easy to make up your history since you've been 'homeschooled' your whole life. So practically you have had a tragic life an haven't done anything about it.  There are a couple of big things you have to do. 

1. I don't have a reason why you can't fly                                      

2. I don't have a reason why you are covered in scares.           

3. You need to come up with why you have the skills you do.

If I've missed anything you are going to need to keep the facts straight and not get caught. 

-Brava

I was so sore I could barely make it back to my house. Pain radiated every time my middle stretched. I could feel the stitches grab at my skin trying their best to keep me together. I paced back and forth mumbling to myself. How, how could this happen? Saving those kids..... getting the underground heros attention AS REN. What is even happening? I couldn't wrap my head around it. I was utterly trapped. That stupid Rat/bear/raccoon thing had already been trying to find me. He and Brava have been fighting a silent battle. One covering my tracks the other waiting for more. Lucky Brava won and he wasn't able to find anything about me. But Brava didn't even know most of my past. No one did......I know if I say no to UA. Red flags with fly with bear/dog and dry eyes. I felt angry with myself that I let this happen. 

But there was another outlook to these things. Information. If I was able to learn how the heros were taught there fundamentals predicting them would become even easier. If I could get my hands on a computer there... I could even make La Brava proud of me. I owe her more then I've let on.  

I needed an idea to hide my strengt. It hit me. Something that everyone would see as training.  It was settled.  A couple of months passed, my actions slowly gained the eye of the public. Every morning onlookers watched, even a couple of news vans drove past. It made me sad in these months that not one person offered to help. In a world of heros not one stopped and helped me. It was honestly sad. 

I had gotten used to hot temperatures they rarely affected me, but for some reason my long sleeved black shirt seemed to be infusing heat into my skin. The sand under my toes was burning. My feet have gotten softer these past years. Shoes will do that to you. In an emergency I might not have the time to put on some shoes, and my feet need to be stronger then they are. My wings were poking out of my ripped shirt. I needed to get use to the weight. I can't look like I fight better without them. I'll be fine as long as no one touches them. 

"Hey."

My train of thought snapped as I turned my head and set down the microwave I was holding.

He must have seen the surprise on my face. He looks around the beach, "You still half to go. I could train with you. Well, I don't have to. Its just that my dad....well" He trailed letting the sound of the waves wash over.