|| PART 1 ||

OPTIMISM TURNED PESSIMISM

Ranbir paced around his room, fidgeting his fingers. He was angry, tensed, upset and jealous.

It has been a week since Tanu was exposed and his chief was free from all the charges, all thanks to the team work of the Mehras and Kholis. 

No, he was not at all restless because of this.

 He might be the happiest person to know that his chief, the man whom he admire and respect, is now leading a peaceful life after days or rather months of drama.

Pragya and Prachi moved in to the MK Mansion in complete sense right after the verdict was passed and Tanu was arrested. Prachi's presence had surely made him restless and her constant attempts to ignore him were killing him inch by inch. On the other hand, was Rhea, trying to get close to him whenever she got a chance, either to show it off to Prachi or to claim her rights on him. Every time she tried wrapping her arms around his neck and lean towards him trying to get physically intimate, he felt disgusted. Only he knows how he manages to get out from her clutches.

How he wished Prachi to be in place of Rhea. How he wished to have Prachi in his arms, how he wished to hug her and forget all the worries. How badly he wanted to claim those rosy lips of hers and pause that moment forever. Sometimes all that he wanted to pull Prachi into his arms and kiss her senselessly and forget all the pain and tension he is in.

 But alas... 

These Abhigya daughters... 

The one whom he wanted to be near him kept on increasing the distance between them and the other from whom he wanted to stay as far as possible, clung on to him.

It is not that he has no respect for Prachi, but he misses that little physical intimacy they had until a few months ago. When she used to live far from MK Mansion, with Sarithaji and Shahana, he used to get to spend quality time with her, but now, when she is staying under the same roof as he is, he doesn't even get to speak with her. Forbidden fruit is the sweetest. The more he was deprived of Prachi's presence, the more he craved for it...

Prachi was or is someone whom he loves with all his heart and soul. He did try to stay away from her after the Parth drama, but when his assumptions got confirmed three days ago, when he discovered a truth, the love he had for her, increased further.

He was surely restless of this factor, but that isn't exactly why he is pissed off, NOW. 

Aaryan was his only solace in that big house. But it seemed like the tension between him and Prachi had infected Aaryan too. They badly wanted to breath fresh and was more than happy to know that a party was to be hosted within a few days, for celebrating Abhi's victory in the Tanu case.

 Maybe getting themselves in a crowd, meeting old acquaintances or even new people might give them a relief, they thought.

 Aaryan and Ranbir was more than happy to know that Uday Thripati, owner of Tripati Group of Companies, who happens to be Abhi's childhood friend is arriving from London with his family to stay at the Mehra Mansion for around two months. Uday had a son and a nephew who were almost of Ranbir's age. Maybe hanging around with people with whom you share things in common might bring a change for the better, Ranbir remained optimistic.

 Little did he know that he was going to be proven wrong.

Uday, Uma along with their son Pranav, daughter Shrenu and nephew Neeraj had arrived the very next day. The Kholis and Mehras gave them a warm welcome.

The guys were indeed more handsome than Aaryan and Ranbir. But Ranbir didn't seem to care that, at first.

Neither did he seem to bother the trio impressing the elders getting blessings from them by touching their feet, which seemed too much sanskari considering the fact that they were brought up in London.