|| PART 5 ||

Ranbir

I groaned in frustration, for two reasons- firstly because I am now dancing with Rhea and secondly because my love Prachi was in Pranav's arms, dancing with him, her radiant smile directed towards the latter.

"You got into trouble all by yourself, you fool," my brain taunted.

"I know," I said, rather loudly that Rhea leaned towards my even close.

"What?" Rhea asked.

"Nothing," I said, with a fake smile, trying to maintain distance.

Sighing, I turned towards my right and my eyes fell on Chief and Pragya aunty who were dancing right beside us.

Caressing Pragya aunty's waist with one hand, Chief held her hand lovingly with the other. Pragya had her one hand on Abhi's shoulder and the other on his hand. Both swaying slowly to the sides, lost in each other's eyes.

"How do you manage to look beautiful every day?" I heard Chief asking, leaning towards Pragya aunty's left ear, his lips slightly touching her earlobe.

"The secret of a wife's beauty is the love her husband give her," I heard Pragya aunty say, blushing.

I couldn't help smile at this. It was kind of cheesy but damn cute at the same time. Two adults, who are parents to daughters in their early twenties, behaving like love sick teenagers sounded interesting.

Smiling, I turned left and my eyes fell on Prachi, and of course my rival, I mean Pranav.

"How different the things would have been had not I come with the excellent plan?" I thought.

Dressed in my white suit, I was standing in the gathering, my eyes, searching for Prachi.

"You wore white?" Rhea asked, disappointedly, holding my arms, "I thought you will wear blue, matching my outfit," she said.

She was wearing a single sleeve blue gown and had told me two days ago that I should wear a blue suit. "Actually Rhea, I did wear the blue suit for the event, but Mr. Ahuja's children accidently spilled their juice on me, so I had to change," I lied without hesitation, apologizing to an imaginary Mr. Ahuja's imaginary children.

"That's okay," she said, resting her head on my shoulder.

How badly I wanted to push her away. After knowing everything she had done to my Prachi, god knows how many times I had punched her in my dreams, and she expects to wear matching dress?! My foot.

I chose to wear white for a reason- my Prachi will be wearing white. I had seen Shrenu take a white dress for Prachi to wear for the even and I chose to wear white.

My thoughts were broken when Aaliya aunty started her speech. Rhea moved towards the stage and I let out a deep breath in relief.

"...........Meet my daughter, the prettiest, Prachi Mehra," I heard Chief say. My eyes fell on the lady standing on the stairs, dressed in a white gown, looking eternally beautiful.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Awww, Abhi's elder daughter looks so beautiful," I heard a lady speak.

"Mine," I whispered, with a smile.

"You have five minutes," chief said, "get ready with your partner for the couple dance."

Everybody started getting ready- chief and Pragya aunty, Aaliya aunty and Purab chucks, Mom and Dad, Pranav's parents and some other guests whose name I am not aware.