|| PART 10 ||

Ranbir's pov

"Paapa, I am ready to get married. Neither do I have any boyfriend, nor do I have romantic feelings for anyone. I am ready to marry the person of your choice," Prachi said, taking the bags in her hand and walking towards her room, not before passing a secret glance in the direction I was standing.

I glared at Rhea, who had her eyes fixed on Prachi, her lips twisted in a victorious, evil smirk.
I knew it, I know what would have made Prachi tell this. 

And look at her, how confidently she stand in front of the people, snuggling on to my arm.

How I wish I could shove her off and tell everyone about the stupid deal they have got into. But no, I want to give Rhea the pain she had made Prachi to endure, I want to restore Prachi's lost respect. I want to prove Prachi's innocence. I want to prove to the world who the victim and who the actual culprit is.

Once I do that, you are done, Rhea Mehra.

Prachi was about to leave to her room when chief said, "Pranav."

And I closed my eyes, leaving a sigh. I knew this was coming. I did hear their conversation today.

She stopped her traces.

"What?" she asked, turning towards chief, her eyes widened in shock.

"Pranav. Pranav Tripathi. He is the person I and your maa have chosen for you, as your groom, as your life partner" chief explained.

"Pranav? I.. him.." Prachi started blabbering, still not out of the shock.

I know Prachi. I know you have never imagined him in such a way, leave him, you would have never imagined any other man in this world other than me, Ranbir Kohli, as the one you love. 

Prachi's restless eyes shifted to Uma's expectant ones.

Taking Prachi's hand in hers, she said, " I know Prachi, you might have not even thought of this. You might be shocked. We won't compel you. Take your own time." Looking into Prachi's eyes and patting her palm, she tried to not make Prachi feel embarrassed.  

"But Pranav might like someone else," Prachi suggested, breaking the silence.

No Prachi, he likes you.

"No dear. He likes, in fact loves you. Once when I had a conversation with him, he told me that the only girl that he wishes to have as his wife is you," Uma revealed, shocking Prachi again.

If not for Uma aunty holding her hand, she would have fainted there at that very spot, considering the numbness she might be feeling, trying to process the news she is getting.

"I know it is surprising for you. Go to your room and take rest Prachi. We can decide about things later," Pragya suggested and Prachi hurried to her room.

"When will Pranav be back?" Pragya asked, turning to Uma after Prachi left.

"He will be back tomorrow," Uma said.

"Great. Let them spent some time together. We will take things forward after that," they decided.

****************************************************

I was lying on the bed with Aaryan sleeping soundly on my side. My hands switching on and off the light and my mind filled with Prachi's thoughts.

The way her hair plays with the winds, the way she reacts when I touch her, her fragrance, the way she perfectly fits into my arms... Everything. She stood with me at my tough times, but I couldn't even learn her problems.