|| PART 13 ||

Ranbir's pov

Throwing the bag on to the table, I threw myself on the bed. Staring blankly at the ceiling, the events of the day passed through my mind.

The sight of Prachi hugging Pranav flashed my mind again and again. Massaging the side of my head, I sat on the bed.

"One more mistake," I mumbled, as I reviewed my stupidity... I mean, the root cause the events of today.

"Hi Pranav," I greeted him with a smile, showing all the thirty two teeth in my mouth, when I met him reading the newspaper sitting in the garden, this morning.  "Hi. Good morning," he wished me, looking at my direction. "So... what's up? How are you" I asked him,  trying to start a conversation. Won't he feel something is odd if I speak up my plan as the first thing?

"All fine. What about you?" he asked, folding the newspaper and keeping it aside.

"I'm fine too," I said. I picked up some random topic and had a small, boring conversation with him for a while and then, I came to the main point.

"How long have you known Prachi?" I asked. "For almost six years.." he said. 

I made a worried face and nodded my head, turning to another direction, in slow motion.

"What is the matter Ranbir? Is everything alright?" he asked me, concerned.

"Look Pranav, people do change. You might have known her a long time back. But when situations change, places change, time passes, people do tend to change. Prachi might be, no, is a good girl..." I paused.

"What? What do you want to convey?" he asked, leaning towards me.

"See Pranav, chief and I share a great bond, and Prachi is his daughter. But you are the son of my father's friend too. So I will have to tell you this," I said, preparing him to hear the news.

"Hurry up man, you are giving me  anxiety issues," he said.

"Okay, see this," I said, taking a deep breath. Taking out my mobile phone, I played the fake MMS that has been circulating in the college for a while now.

I saw his eyes widen in shock as he watched the video, the first part of the plan is complete. Now onto the next part- gaslighting. 

"Maybe Prachi is innocent, maybe it might have just happened. But I want you to be careful Pranav, after all, your parents are planning to get you engaged to Prachi," I said.

 Feeling that I have done my part, I stood up from my place and walked away, patting his shoulder.

After walking away, I turned to look at him from a blind spot, for him, and saw his expression. 

Yes! He was affected by the news.

I am sorry Prachi. But I know, no other man will love you as much as I do. And there is trust only when there is love. 

All that I want is him to make an issue regarding this matter, out of anger. I am sure chief and Pragya aunty will not believe this and they will make the necessary investigation. And it will be proven that the video is fake and Rhea has involvement in it. Even if the latter doesn't get revealed, at least Prachi's innocence will be. And even if he repent after this, they will not let some like him, who character assassinated Prachi even without knowing the truth, to marry her.

So, one arrow, three sparrows- Prachi proven innocent, getting rid of Pranav, and maybe, getting Rhea busted.

That was what I had in my mind, when I took this 'brilliant' step.