|| PART 2 ||

Prachi closed her eyes, lying on the bed, feeling the soft mattress beneath her.  

She felt happy for the first time after moving in to MK Mansion. 

The way she and Pragya, along with Shahana, Shrenu and Uma prepared sweets  just a few minutes ago, reminded her of the diwali celebrations with the Tripathis a few years ago and her happy days in Hoshiapur.

A small smile crept her lips.

Six years ago, her school conducted a talent hunt program sponsored by a student initiative run by the Tripathis and Prachi emerged first. Impressed, Uma volunteered to be Prachi's mentor.

 Uma was someone whom Prachi had always admired. She was the perfect mentor anybody could wish for. It was because of her help, Prachi took part in various competitions and scholarships, earning a clear path to her goal. The same year, Uma took Prachi on a field trip and that is how she met Shrenu and became friends. She knew Pranav and Neeraj from then.

To be honest, Prachi never knew they were India's richest family until she visited Tripathi Mansion for Diwali. 

Uma had always been a surprising element for Prachi. Her taking part in rallies fighting for social justice, visiting old age homes and taking care of the inmates, providing funds for economically backward people... that too without publicity, everything had made Prachi admire her even more. Rich people do do social works, but mostly as a publicity stunt. But she was different.

Coming to Delhi and meeting Pallavi and Aaliya made her realize how gem of a person Uma truly is.

How different the Tripathis were from the Mehras and Kholis. Neither did Uma, nor did Nita(Neeraj's mother) ever brag about their richness, nor did they ever look down upon people from low economic status.

Shrenu had never been an arrogant, spoilt brat like Rhea. Neither was Pranav nor Neeraj a flirt like Ranbir...

"Rhea and Ranbir" 

Prachi opened her eyes and sat on the bed. She let out a heavy sigh.

It had been around three weeks since Prachi and Pragya moved in to the MK Mansion. 

And all that Prachi felt was suffocation. She felt totally suffocated. 

She was happy seeing her mother happy. That was what she had always wanted. Though they were happy back at Hoshiarpur, there were times Prachi saw Pragya crying in Abhi's memories. Now seeing Pragya get what she deserved, Prachi was very happy. But the truth is, more than being happy, she feels suffocated every moment she stays here.

 Everyone is aware that Rhea and Prachi do not get well along with each other. Still, they are "forced" to spend time with each other which often results in Rhea shouting at Prachi.

In a house with so many family members and workers, she felt completely left alone. 

Aaliya and Pallavi hated Prachi already and didn't even bother to consider her existence in the house. Every time Prachi was having a conversation with the other family members , Rhea appears from nowhere, makes some weird excuse and takes the person with her. Every time something related to Prachi is discussed, Rhea manipulates the situation and brings in some other topic. Within few days of her shifting to MK mansion, Prachi felt as if nobody cared of her existence. Even if someone wanted to, there is a pest in the same house which prevents them.

The only time when she was genuinely happy in the house was when she chatted with Aaryan or Pragya visited her room. But even those conversations are left incomplete most of the time because of Rhea's interference.