|| PART 3 ||

She was a few meters away from her room when she saw him coming towards her. His lips twisting into a naughty smirk, the moment he saw her. Seeing him coming towards her, she made her strides faster.

Before she could reach her door, he reached her, blocking her way.

Her heartbeat raised feeling his gaze on her.

Ranbir...

Prachi tried moving to the right, so did he. She moved to the left and so did he. 

"Please move out of my way, Ranbir," Prachi said, without looking at him.

"No," he said firmly.

"I don't want to start a fight. I just want to get in my room," Prachi said, still avoiding his gaze.

"But I really want to fight. Look at me," he said.

Prachi turned to move, when Ranbir caught hold on her wrist and pulled her towards him. Her face hit his muscular chest and he held both her hands in position behind her.

"What are you doing? Leave me," Prachi said, wriggling in his hold, still not meeting his eyes.

"Look at me," Ranbir said, again.

Prachi refused.

"Looks like you still love being in my arms. I am not going to leave you until you look at me. I think it will be better if you don't look at me. I don't mind staying in this position for eternity," he said with a playful smirk in his lips.

Having lost her energy wriggling and scared of the consequence of someone finding them in this position, she raised her face and looked at him. 

Her gaze meeting his.

His eyes, that showed love and longing, looking deep into her soul.

She could keep up with his cold ones. But how can she bear this? How can she hold herself back from melting now?

"That's like my girl," he whispered near her ear, his lips touching her earlobe, making her close her eyes and gasp.

He smirked at it.

"I remember someone telling me a few days ago that I don't affect her anymore, but it seem completely different. Why is it so Prachi?" he asked her.

"Leave me," she managed to say.

Ranbir raised both his hands showing that he was no longer holding her. Pushing him aside, Prachi rushed to her room, closing the door, trying to pacify herself.

It started a week ago, Prachi remembered.

[Italics in the following part means flashback]

Prachi was coming out of her room when she collided with Ranbir, who caught her before she could fall. She found those brown orbs cold and distant. She remember holding on to her pendant ( which had their engagement ring) when she saw Ranbir walking away with Rhea holding hands.

But a few hours later, when she came back after visiting Saritha ji, she found Ranbir in her room, sitting on her bed, with a smirk.

When she enquired him the reason why he was there, he pulled her closer to him holding her waist. Trailing his finger over her face, he said, "Why? Can't I pay a visit to my would be wife's room?"
"For your information, this is my room, not Rhea's," she said, pushing him away.

"That is exactly why I am here," he said, moving close to her.

"I said get out of my room," Prachi demanded, not wanting to fall weak in front of him.