|| PART 8 ||

Aaryan's pov

I was walking towards the living room when I saw Shrenu and Neeraj coming in the opposite direction. The sight of them flooded my mind with the incidents that happened the day before. My first instinct was to run away from the spot, but stopped myself. Taking a deep breath, I walked forward.

They saw me coming and smiled at me and I returned the smile. Once we reached a common point, the three of us came to a halt.

"Neeraj, I am really sorry for my behavior yesterday. I don't know what happened but.." I began, if I don't apologize, I will die of guilt.

"It's okay, forget it," he interrupted, patting my shoulder.

"No, no let me explain. You are better than me- by looks, education, status, everything. I was jealous and... I am really sorry," I apologized, clasping his palm with mine. 

He pulled me into a hug. I felt like something heavy leave my heart, I felt light.

"Let's be friends? Please say yes only if you have accepted my apology," I offered, expectantly.

"Okay," he said, after acting like thinking.

"Thank you," I said, once again, hugging him, this time, excitedly.

"Please tell Piya that I am sorry," I said. "Don't worry, she is very understanding," Neeraj assured, "By the way, were you serious when you said Shahana about that yesterday?" he enquired, raising his eyebrow.

Scratching the back of my neck and a blush on my face, I said, "Actually, I was not aware of my feelings until yesterday. In the heat of the event, it came out of my mouth, but taking a look at our relationship, I understand now that we have came across the friendship phase a long back, it has been a long time since I have fallen in love with her."

"Okay..." he paused. "So are you planning to speak about this to her?" asked Shrenu.

"Actually, I want to make a proposal, something that she will remember forever," I said, feeling restless thinking how to execute the plan I had in my mind.

"Do you need any help?" Shrenu asked to my relief.

"Are you willing?" I asked.

"Of course," she assured.

"Okay, hear..." and I explained them my plan.

Ranbir's pov

I was walking towards my father's study room when I heard Prachi, Rhea, Pranav and my name being taken, which made me stop my track. Hiding behind a wall the separated the living room from another, making sure that the elders cannot hear me, I decided to listen to their talk.

Yeah, overhearing is not a good thing, but when it comes to life or death situations, it is better not to care about morals. Conditions applied.

"Bhaiyya, it's been long since your case is solved all the problems are out of our way. I think we should now not further delay Rhea and Ranbir 's marriage,"  Aaliya aunty suggested.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist. I am sure it is Rhea's plan and her dear booji is helping her in it. Of course this vile woman is jealous of Prachi and the fact that I and Prachi are under the same roof might have spiked her insecurities. Wait until I blow your cover.

"Yes. Even I wanted to talk about that matter. I am waiting for the day when Rhea becomes my bahu," my mother said, pulling Rhea to her side, making the latter sit on the couch and running her fingers on Rhea's hair lovingly.