|| PART 7 ||

Aaryan's pov

"I do care," I screamed, having lost the last string of patience I had. Catching her elbows I pulled her closer, and she landed on my chest. "I do care. I hate it when he gets close to you. I like your smile but I hate it when he becomes the reason for it. I like when you blush, but I hate it when he becomes the reason for it. I do care, because I love you, I love you dammit " I declared shocking her and myself.

Neeraj and Shrenu also gasped.

"Whoa whoa whoa" came a feminine voice and we turned to the origin of the sound. "Such a violent proposal?" the voice continued. 

A girl who seemed to be of the same age of Prachi was standing at the entrance of the balcony. By the look in the face, she might have witnessed the pro...

Shit! What did I just say? I looked at Shahana. She had turned pale, her mouth open and her eyes threatening to fall out of the eyeballs any moment. I looked away, she was staring at me in disbelief, her hands were trembling.

I chose to ignore her and looked around to see the lady come near us.

"Jiji," Shrenu said hugging her, "Thank God you are here."

"What's going on?" the lady enquired, taking glances at me and Neeraj alternatively.

"There is a problem and only you can solve this," Shrenu said, tucking their hands.

"What is this man? You promised my dad  that you will take good care of me. But it is always I who have to come as the Damsel in Shining Armor to save my Knight in Distress," she said, moving towards Neeraj.

The way they looked at each other made me tense up. Did I hate the man for no reason? I started questioning my instincts.

Pulling the lady close, Neeraj engulfed her in a tight hug and planted a kiss on her hair. "You know  I  support women empowerment and like it when women are strong, just like you, isn't?" he added.

 Breaking the hug, she pulled his cheeks.

"Aaryan, meet my fiancée and love of life, Piya," Neeraj introduced the lady.

"Hi, I am Piya, Piya Malhothra," she said forwarding her hand. 

"Aaryan," I said, hesitantly forwarding mine and shaking hands with me.
"What have you done Aaryan?" I mentally scolded myself.

"Aaryan is Prachi's cousin," Neeraj told Piya.

"Oh, I see, Purab and Aaliya's  son?" Piya asked and Neeraj nodded his head in agreement.

"By the way, what was that I witnessed?" she asked.

Aahhh again back to that matter. Please.. I want to run.

"Yeah, about that. Aaryan, I and Piya have been dating for eight years now, that is we were in a relationship even before I met Shahana. For me, Shahana is just like a sister. In fact, we celebrated Rakhi together," Neeraj explained.

You have no idea how guilty I was feeling at this moment. How I wish I could disappear from here at this moment. As if answering my prayer, Gireesh, the helper came to the spot and informed that Pallavi aunty was looking for me. Mumbling a sorry, I rushed from the spot.

The next few minutes went on without I having to face any one of those four. I was walking towards the kitchen when Shahana came to my sight.

The moment our eyes met, we ran away in opposite direction and hence I am here, lying on my bed in my room, embarrassed and full of guilt.