18. Teenagers

*One week later*

"So this next song is a cover and we hope you enjoy it!"

Calum said into the mic and the boys started playing Teenage Dream.

The Katy Perry song was a favourite of mine, especially when the boys sang it. I stood backstage, smiling like crazy and watching the crowd sing and dance along.

"So let's go all the way tonight, no regrets just love. We can dance until we die, you and I, will be young forever!"

I danced by myself and shouted the lyrics. Jason laughed at me. The other day he told I reminded him of his daughter, who just turned nine.

"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream! The way you turn me on, I can't sleep. Let's run away and don't ever look back, don't ever look back!"

We were currently in Santa Monica, California. After the Las Vegas show, we headed for Los Angeles where the boys had three shows. After the Santa Monica show, we had a four day break.

Ashton had suggested we go camping before we head to Washington.

"I can feel your heart racing in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight! Let you rest your hands on me in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight!"

Michael sang the verse and I couldn't help but just marvel at his voice. It was soft and sweet and deep and rough all at the same time.

"Thank you so much Santa Monica! We love you, have a great night!" Luke shouted and the boys walked off stage after a group bow.

As per usual, I fangirled and praised the boys. "That was awesome!" I shouted, making the boys chuckle. Mikey came up and pulled me into a side hug. I kissed his cheek, blushing.

As, the boys headed to their dressing room to get fresh clothes, I trailed behind with Michael. We held hands and I chuckled when he asked if they'd deliver pizza to a tent.

~

"Ohmygod, Michael that is not how you do it! You have to connect the poles first so they can just slide through the loops!" Ashton shouted. Him and Mike had been arguing for a good five minutes cause Michael apparently couldn't pitch a tent.

"I'm not the one who decided to go camping!" Michael yelled, dropping the poles and sauntering over to a flat rock. He plopped down and crossed his arms.

"Okay, calm your tits ladies and let Nature Boy Calum put the tent up. Vera can you help?" I chuckled and nodded as Ashton dropped the poles he was holding. He huffed and sat on a rock a few feet away from the blue haired boy.

Luke watched in amusement, laying on a blanket he placed near the tent.

Bastille was playing softly from a portable speaker. Flaws is one of my favourite songs.

I helped Calum, ahem I mean Nature Boy Calum, finish putting the tent up. Correctly may I add. After making sure it was sturdy, Calum and I highfived each other and admired our good work.

"If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, Calum and I will probably survive." I teased and joined Luke on the blanket.

"Hey!" Luke laughed. "Don't leave me alone with those two!" He pointed in the direction of Ashton and Michael. I giggled.

Michael tried to glare at me but ended up laughing.

"Can we get that pizza now?"

~

Luke

Apparently, they deliver pizza to tents.

The five of us were sat around the fire on the beach, covered in blankets and listening to Mariana's Trench quietly.

I munched on a slice of pizza and nodded along to the music. It was a beautiful night. The sun had just set. Soft pinks and oranges faded into a dark blue. The sky was littered with stars.

There wasn't much conversation. We just enjoyed one anothers company and the atmosphere around us.

Teenagers. That's what we are.

Sure, we're technically adults but it's days and nights like this we are thankful for being as young as we are, living our dream.

It may not last forever but for now, we're just gonna live.

-

I suck at endings and I tried to be deep and sentimental. This wasn't as long as I wanted it to be but I hope you enjoyed it.

Don't be a ghost reader and please comment, it'd mean a lot and I love feedback. :)

-Cristina