25. Do What U Want

Idk why but I love when people do the water spray thing. Like shower me with your spit Mikey. #nochill

-

Michael's POV

We resumed our Canadian tour a couple days after our little visit with Vera's parents.

So far, Vera's been quite happy and content. Things went well with her parents and they agreed to have us over anytime. I totally dodged the awkward if-you-hurt-my-daughter-I-kill-you-talk with Mr. Falls.

Of course Vera rejoined us. We probably wouldn't be able to finish it without her.

Calum somehow convinced her to play guitar for us and suggested that she open for us at one of the concerts. She's been in the back room of the bus for a couple hours practicing.

I'm so happy. Not too long ago, I was drowning and Vera pulled me back up. She's my everything.

"I want McDonald's!" Ashton shouted from the kitchen. He was standing in front of the fridge, the door open and a hand on his hip.

Suddenly the back door slid open with great force. Vera stood there with a tired but serious face.

"I want McDonald's." She said in a low tone.

Ashton slammed the door of the fridge and grabbed Vera's arm.

"Let's go."

Luke, Calum and I followed the two hungry somehow-adults off the bus. We had stopped near a mall so we headed to the food court.

Ashton and Vera skipped hand in hand to McDonald's and stood in line.

"How's the cover coming Ver?" Calum asked.

Vera's head whipped around and she scowled at Cal. She hissed and turned around.

"Hungry Vera is scary." Calum whispered to Luke. He chuckled.

When it was our turn, I ordered a double Big Mac and a Coke. After paying, we grabbed a booth and I sat beside Vera. I watched her take a bite of her chicken nuggets. She was so cute. Her and Ashton had gotten Happy Meals.

"The cover's going good. I decided to sing Do What U Want by Lady Gaga. It's gonna be slowed down a bit. I feel like it's gonna emulate 30 Seconds To Mars' cover of Bad Romance."

"That's awesome Ver. Are you gonna sing R Kelly's part too or do you need someone for that?" Calum asked, popping a fry in his mouth.

"Would you sing it Cal? I think it would be better if a dude sang that part." Vera asked. Calum nodded excitedly and hugged Vera over the table.

Suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore.

~

*At the concert*

"Oh my god, I'm gonna faint."

Vera had been freaking out for the last ten minutes. It was almost time for her and Calum to open the show.

Luke was trying to calm her down, Ashton was nowhere to be found and Calum was pacing.

"Vera, stop. Look at me. You're gonna do fine. You're gonna be amazing." Luke said holding Vera's head between his hands. She nodded, and took a deep breath. Then Luke pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head.

Still annoyed from earlier, I stormed over and pulled the two apart.

"Vera can I talk to you?" I asked and pulled her away without waiting for her response.