10. Soaring, Flying

OMG, 10 CHAPTERS! I'M EXCITED, ARE YOU? I AM SO EXCITED :))))) ENJOY

-

Michael's POV

"Michael Gordon Clifford, get your fucking ass up, we have a flight to catch!"

Ashton's voice rang through my ears as he came into my room. I groaned when cool air suddenly hit my body. "Cmon sleeping beauty, you're the last one up." I opened my eyes to find Ashton holding my duvet with an amused grin. "Ugh, fuck you." I said as I got out of bed. Ashton threw the thick material at me. "Love you too babe." With that he left the room and skipped down the stairs. I sighed and proceeded to get dressed.

Thankfully I packed my stuff, albeit messily, last night so I didn't have to rush to get any last minute items. Just my carry-on bag. As soon as I was ready, I trudged down the stairs with my suitcase in hand.

I grabbed some cookies from the kitchen before locking the door and heading outside. The boys were loading the van that was taking us to the airport. "Really Michael? Cookies?" Calum asked. I shrugged. "What, I'm hungry." "Well, you should've gotten up earlier." He scolded and I just stuck my tongue out a him. I put my luggage in the back and climbed in.

After making sure everyone had their passports and tickets, we were finally on our way to the airport.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived to see Jason and Carlos, our bodyguards, standing with Vera at the drop off area. She was rocking on the heels of her blackout Converse, waving excitedly when she saw us.

What a cutie. Everytime I see Vera, she seems to brighten my day a little more. She wore those hot thigh-high socks, shorts and an All Time Low sweatershirt. I just wanted to tangle my body with hers and cuddle with her for a while.

"Hey." I greeted her as I pulled her in for a hug. She hid her face in my chest and mumbled a hey. I kissed the top of her head. "Are you ready for a terribly long plane ride?" I felt her chuckle vibrate through my chest. "I'm kinda used to it, so yes I am." "Okay kiddies, we're on a tight schedule, let's go." Carlos announced. Vera pulled away and I felt like there was a hidden story behind her response. I just didn't know what it was yet.

As our group of seven rushed to the correct terminal, we saw dozens of fans and some paparazzi waiting outside security. Shit, I didn't think of this. Vera's not prepared for this. No one thought about how Vera might handle being seen with the band and definitely asked and talked about by the media.

Before I could say anything, Luke placed his hand on Vera's back and the two confidently made their way to security. Vera didn't look bothered or uncomfortable. She simply ignored the flashing lights and screeching girls, while the band apologized to fans for being in a hurry.

We quickly went through security and made it just in time to board the plane. Everyone had purchased coach tickets but were bumped to first class since we were regular fliers.

Vera and I sat in the first two seats in the second row and I let her have the window seat. Across the aisle was Luke, Calum and Ashton. And across the aisle from them, Jason and Carlos were seated.

Once everyone was settled, the flight attendant went through the mandatory safety guidelines. I tried to listen to the instructions but my mind wandered to what happened back at security. I looked over at Vera, wondering what was going through her head.

Ten minutes later, our plane lifted into the air.

I looked over at Vera. She was looking out the window, watching as Sydney became distant and tiny. She fidgeted in her seat.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked quietly. She turned and smiled. "I'm fine, just excited." I chuckled. "It's a sixteen hour flight, how are you excited?" Her smile widened. "I just like flying. And I'm excited to be touring with you guys." "Me too. I'm happy you're coming with us." I put my arm around her.

She laid her head against my chest. "I've never been to New York before. My parents promised they would take me but never got around to it." she explained, sighing.

I rubbed her shoulder. This was the first time she mentioned her parents. I wanted to hear more, but I didn't wanna push her. "Well, I'm gonna make it up to you." She lifted her head and smiled at me. I smiled back and kissed her forehead.

This was gonna be a great tour.

-

Vera's POV

My heart swelled when Michael said he'd make it up to me.

My parents had promised me a lot of things but they never followed through with any of them. New York was the first stop on our tour. I was incredibly thankful for Michael asking me to come with them. I was so happy. This tour was gonna be a great experience.

About two hours into our flight, Michael and I were watching Tropic Thunder on his laptop, trying not to giggle too loudly.

Near the end of the movie, I turned to the red head. "Mikey?" He kept his eyes on the screen, a small smile on his face. "Yeah?" I sighed.

"Thank you." He turned to me. "For what?" I sucked in a deep breathe. "For everything. Thank you for letting me stay, for staying with me, for being a friend. Thank you for asking me to come on tour. For everything." I kissed his cheek.

Michael grinned and pulled me into a hug. He kissed my temple. "You're welcome." He whispered in my ear. His warm breath hit my neck and sent a shiver down my spine.

Looking back at the movie, the credits were rolling. I chuckled. Michael exited the window and closed his laptop.

Throwing his arm back around me, we sat back in our seats, staring out the window. The sun was high in the sky and clouds littered the sky. All I saw was ocean below us.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I asked referring to the view. I heard a low mumble from Mikey. I looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. He cleared his throat, smiling. "We're soaring, flying. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach." He sang quietly and I laughed. "You're such a dork."

"Yeah but I'm your dork." he pointed out. I laughed again. "Yeah...you are." I replied smiling.

But little did he know I wanted him to be so much more.

-

OMG I SHIP MERA SO HARD.

WHAT DO YOU THINK MIKEY MUMBLED!? I know, but ya'll don't. #commentsforcookies

Okay, if you haven't guessed, the whole HSM bit was inspired by a vine I saw and Michael was singing Breaking Free. I've haven't seen the whole video but I thought it was cute.

ANYWAYS, PLS VOTE AND WHATNOT. I love you. :))))

-Cristina