4. She Looks So Perfect

I watched The Haunting In Connecticut while trying to write this. The first part is in third person.

-

He was tired.

Michael had had enough of pretending to be fine for the night, and suggested the boys turn in.

They all agreed and paid the bill. Taking one last sip of his drink, Michael trailed after his bandmates out to the car.

"Mikey, you hardly ate any of your pizza. You feeling okay buddy?" Luke asked, concerned for one of his best friends. Michael faked a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just not very hungry today is all." He lied easily. Luke nodded, buying it, and turned back to Calum and Ashton's conversation.

He was good at lying.

When you lie to prevent causing others pain, you get pretty good at it. That's what Michael was doing. He couldn't help how he felt. Usually, he was loud and happy, but lately he felt like something was missing in his life.

People think that when you have everything, you shouldn't be sad.

But that's not the case.

That's how Michael felt. He was living the dream. Touring the world with his best friends, playing music for adoring fans. Sure it felt good and he was grateful for the chance his band was given. But sometimes, he felt like he was drowning. He was struggling at the bottom of an ocean, while everyone else happily floated above the surface.

His head hurt and his chest felt heavy.

He just wanted to be saved.

-

Michael's POV

Ashton parked our black SUV in the complex's garage. Everyone got out and headed inside. Luke went to his room while the other two flopped on the couch to watch a movie.

I got a glass of water from the kitchen and then trudged up the stairs to my room. I just wanted to throw myself on my bed and drown in some music.

I opened my door and walked in. I turned on the light, only to freeze in my tracks. I nearly dropped my water when I saw her.

Her.

There was a girl in my room. Sitting on my bed. Wearing my clothes. She stared at me, obviously terrified. I blinked hard to make sure I wasn't dreamed. But when I opened them, she was still there, but she was standing now. A look of guilt crossed her face.

I just stared at her. She opened her mouth to say something, but no sound came out. That's when I really noticed her.

Her hair was damp and her eyes were red. She wore my Misfits sweatshirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. She held a lump of purple material in her hands.

I couldn't help thinking she was beautiful.

"Um, hi." I said quietly. I tilted my head slightly, waiting for her to reply.

"I can explain." she spoke, her voice shaky and quiet. I waited for her to continue.

"I was attacked. I got away and ran. The main door was open, so I broke in. I'm sorry. Please, please don't call the police." she explained and looked on the verge of tears.

My first thought would've been that a crazy fan had broke in to our house. But for some reason I believed her. Maybe it was because I was attracted to her.

"It's okay. I won't call the police. Are you okay?" I asked her, genuinely concerned.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips and the guilty look slid away.

"Thank you Michael, I swear I'm not a crazy fan." So she knows who I am. I was surprised. She must've noticed cause she pulled her pale lips into a small smile. "Yeah, I know who you are. 5sos is great. Who knew I'd be breaking into your home?"

I chuckled a bit. "So what's your name?" She seemed to hesitate before she answered. "Vera. Vera Falls."

Pretty name for a pretty girl.

I stuck my hand out. "Nice to meet you Vera Falls." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and shook my hand. "You too, Michael Clifford."

She smiled again. And she looked perfect.

-

Holy balls, I did NOT expect this chapter to turn out like it did. Happy Halloween! I'm going out as Red Riding Hood, with my bae, Gina (SHOUTOUT!).

I watched The Conjuring while writing the second part.

I'm loving this story. I'm having fun writing it. Thanks for reading. Vote and whatnot. :)))))

-Cristina