Confrontation

Boruto POV
"DOES KAMI HATE ME OR WHAT DATTEBASA!!!!!!" I couldn't help but scream I my mind. I'm not ready yet, I can't face her after all she has put me through. No no no no NO!! I can't-

"It's rude not to respond!!" Her sweet voice rang in my ears again and I knew that there was no escaping this, just tell a half truth Bolt nothing difficult.Without turning around I replied,

"I was just taking a walk and passing by when I felt the ground tremble, curious I went in to know, only to find you training. Not wanting to disturb you I quietly came back." Good, a believable excuse, considering how she doesn't like to waste any of her training time she will most likely end this chat here.

"Hn, I see. Also, I have never seen you around. Are you perhaps new here or visiting someone?" She flawlessly extended the conversation taking the lead.

"Damn, since when did you became an expert conversationalist!!!!"

"Visiting" keep your replies short Bolt.

"Who??" Aaaarrrrggggghhhh. That's it I have had enough of her interrogation, dattebasa!!!.

"I believe that is none of your concern." I didn't bother to hide the annoyance in my voice, so that she can grasp the hint that I want this conversation to be over.

"That's a very rude reply" oh so you wish to be stubborn. Alright I have another trick to shut you up.

"Oh, and does throwing a barrage of questions at a stranger for no reason doesn't sound rude to you" saying this I turned towards her slightly, and my breath got caught in my throat.
Beautiful, was the only word in my mind.

Her composure cracked a little but she recovered quickly

"Well I guess that was rude on my part, sorry for that. And if it's all then please excuse me..umm"
"Bolt"
Giving a nod she turned around and walked back to the training grounds.., while I just stared at her retreating form swallowing a lump in my throat.

To think that a day like this would ever come, we who used to talk like best friends and later lovers , throwing insults at each other so casually would ever talk so formally like strangers. The thought made my throat tighten. No, shaking my head I thought.
"You promised yourself that you won't cry over her anymore, she might have been your lover and still has your heart but she isn't the boss of you"
With this thought in mind I ran back to Lady Ena's, not wanting to encounter anyone else, I had already had enough with meeting kaa-san and Sarada. Entering my room I took off my coat and t-shirt and laid down on my bed taking deep breaths.

"Don't worry, these are peace times nothing exciting or endangering happens in this era,  so there's no way I will ever need to showcase my skills and catch the limelight of anyone. Everything will be fine. I will be fine" with this thought I fell asleep.

Little did I know that tomorrow my plan of staying under the radar will be smashed by my own hands.

( I had a test to study for so that's why I couldn't update sooner)