FIGHT!!!!

Narrator POV

"We'll have to do a what?" Bolt blurted out his thoughts and the thoughts of every other teen in the Hokage's office.

All our young ninjas were pale when they were suddenly asked to come to the Hokage's office and their tension turned into confusion when they found lord 6th in the office instead of lord 7th, and the confusion increased further after lord 6th's statement,

"All of you have been chosen as potential candidates for a super important mission but in order to go on it you'll have to do a tournament against your parents."

Shikadai: Care to elaborate a little?

Kakashi: Gladly, now take a seat all of you.................So, as you are aware of the recent Zombie situation, regarding that we managed to get a bit of a lead concerning who might be behind it. So, a mission was issued regarding it, which consisted of shinobi infiltrating the place in disguise and collecting more intel and evidence. However, a problem arose, your parents themselves can't go because they have to take care of the homefront and be present if the other villages contact us in case of something urgent. As a solution, we had chosen a set of shinobi to go for the mission, but later on, we found out in a rather drastic way that they were sort of ineligible for it.

Everyone's thoughts: More like absolutely undeserving and unfit

Kakashi: So we naturally called off the idea of them going and looked again for some shinobi, which is why you all were called here. But we don't want a repeat of the past mistake so this time in order to get the mission you all will have to give a sort of qualifying test.

Shikadai: Which is ?

Kakashi: I'm coming to that. In order to be at ease that the mission is in good hands we want to test your skills as shinobi, and what better way to do that other than a battle? So here's the thing Tomorrow each of you will be engaging in a 2 on 1 fight against your parents. As for Bolt and Mitsuki, your opponents will be revealed to you tomorrow. I'll be the referee. The rules are simple, If you manage to make your opponent forfeit, knock them out or immobilise them for 5 seconds, you win and if you win you get the mission. Of course, it is always your choice whether you want to go on the mission or not, so give it a thought. If you want to take the mission then tomorrow at 9 am be present at the old training ground near the river, if not then don't. That's all, dismissed.

With absolutely numb minds all of them walked out of the Hokage building and parted their ways towards their houses. Neither of them spoke a word to each other, but they all knew they were sure as heck going to be present there tomorrow.

The rest of the day passed in awkward silence in all of the houses, The parents weren't bringing up the topic of tomorrow's battle and the younger generation wasn't asking either. Everyone stayed invested in their own thoughts and waited for tomorrow to come.

The next day 9 AM at the old training ground.

Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Sakura, Sai, Ino, Shikamaru, Temari, Choji, Karui, Kakashi and Tsunade were waiting for the younger generation to show up. Apart from Kakashi and Tsunade everyone else partly hoped that their kids wouldn't come but they were met with disappointment when all of them showed up one by one their expressions unreadable. Kakashi without any delay stepped forward.

Kakashi: Alright since everyone's here let us get started. As you all know this will be a 2 on 1, and before you start calling it unfair and shit, let me make it clear the world is never fair this setup is to mimic the unfair circumstances that you all will face in a fight in the future. The conditions for winning are clear forfeit, knockout or immobilise for 5 sec. In case I feel that the fight is balanced and going nowhere I'll step in and declare it a draw. Am I clear?

Everyone: Yeah

Kakashi: I'll now announce the lineup,   1st fight-  Chocho vs. Choji&Karui

2nd - Inojin vs Ino&Sai

3rd - Shikadai vs Shikamaru&Temari

4th - Mitsuki vs Lady Tsunade& me

5th - Sarada vs Sasuke&Sakura

6th - Bolt vs Naruto&Hinata

Now only the participants of the 1st fight stay here and the rest move to the sidelines.

Chocho stood against her parents with her chin down and eyes glaring and analysing. She was ready, she was familiar with their fighting style when they trained her, She had no strategy in her mind but she felt it in her gut that she was ready, she was ready to make everyone see that she wasn't just the daughter of Choji Akimichi, she was ready to make everyone see that she was Chocho Akimichi.

Kakashi: All fighters ready..................then........FIGHT!!!!!!!!

[your comments serve as great motivation for me to continue and do better so please leave comments]