𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 • ❝𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 • 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 || ❝𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞❞

>𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠!

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝐃 𝐀 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 • 𝐑 𝐔 𝐒 𝐒 𝐎

The room was quiet. Arianna had fallen to the floor in Enzo's arms. Franco was trying to comfort my father and Bruno. And here I was.

Sitting by myself watching as my mother's life-less body is laying across the floor. The blood smears across the floor, spreading its self out.

Sergei disappears and you could hear the engines of the cars run off. I would say with their guilt, but I don't think they feel guilty.

Bruno, my father and I huddle over my mother's pale body, she still looks beautiful, calm... Peaceful.

But the only emotion that ran through my body was anger, I'm so pissed off. Out of everyone they could've attacked, they could've attacked me and I wouldn't have cared. But they attacked the one person we all loved the most. The person who always wanted to be excluded from this terrible part of life. She never wanted to be within the mafia, she used to tell all the time, she used to warn me that hardly any women would enjoy their partners in a mafia. But she stayed because she loved my father. She loved him so much and she loved Bruno and I more.

I held her hand and the coldness travels through my body, but my body was numb, I didn't even feel the goosebumps emerging on my skin, I didn't feel my brother comforting me as I dropped one singular tear.

I held her hand close to my chest as I begged for forgiveness. If I hadn't ran towards her, she wouldn't have been murdered. She would probably still be here... But I was afraid, scared. I didn't want to lose her, I love her. And now, she's gone.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A week has passed and it was the day of her funeral. Everyone was dressed up in black to pay their respects but I made sure I wore a bright yellow tie, I even encouraged Bruno to do the same. Our mother didn't enjoy such a dark colour, it represented a few things, evil, death and darkness. She didn't want people wearing black at her funeral, but she only told that to Bruno and I.

I watch as the coffin sinks into the ground and my body goes stiff, I try and control myself as everyone else begins to cry. I look to my left and see Enzo hugging Arianna for support, my father sits next to us, gathering up his emotions. Our grandad and nan are trying to hug our dad as he sobs. And Bruno. Well, this is where he loses his toughness. His hand holds my shoulder as I hear him release a few cries.

This was just the beginning of another story; our mother is gone and it has changed my brother and I. Was it for the best? I guess I'll never know.

 Was it for the best? I guess I'll never know

Author's note:

Well... 'Arianna' is now complete! Thank you to those who have supported me throughout this book, especially if you read 'Serena' as well.

This isn't exactly the happiest of endings and I apologise for that, but that is because... There WILL be a third book within this series, of course they're all stand-alones, but this time it'll be about Dante's story 8 years after his mothers death. (Obviously there is more to it, but I can't give all that away now, can I?)

The new book will be called 'Unveiling Dante' if you'd like to check it out!

Thank you again for your support, see you in book 3!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 2.1 [𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑁𝐷-𝐴𝐿𝑂𝑁𝐸] [𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴] ✔️ 🎉