- - 7 - -

- - chapter seven - - lock this wild heart up

lock this wild heart up

The day started off as normal as the other days, it was another Monday and that meant that George woke up feeling better than ever before. He was still upset about Fred, nothing would ever stop him from mourning his brother but he felt better knowing that wherever Fred was, he was cheering his brother on. Hoping that whatever happened, he would be happy with this girl because George had never felt this way about anyone before and it was both scary and exhilarating. Today, he had to pop over to the Burrow to get the list of errands to run, get the easy ones out of the way and then head over to the florist so that he could tease the girl once again. Building the tension of their relationship until one of them breaks, he was hoping that she would break first because then he wouldn't feel embarrassed about the whole thing but he could tell how stubborn she was and guessed that he would probably be the first to break. He'd already broken slightly when telling her his name, and that meant that she was winning because he had no idea what her name was; but that was going to change today, today he was going to find out her name and they would be even again.

"Morning son." Arthur was stood up when George stepped into the kitchen and tried to hand him the errand list as quickly as possible. "I'd get out of here if I were you, your mother is in one of her episodes and-"

"GEORGE WEASLEY, IS THAT YOU?"

He froze, knowing that there was no chance of escaping now and even if he tried to leave, she would catch him eventually. Whatever this particular episode was about, he was better off just standing still and preparing for whatever he was about to be scolded for doing; even though this time, he had no idea what he could possibly be scolded for. To his knowledge, he hadn't done anything wrong. It made him slightly happier though, knowing that his family weren't pitying him anymore, if his mum was using this tone then it meant that she wasn't walking on eggshells with him and he wanted that, he wanted things to go back to normal. Molly came running down the stairs, her face bright red and steam literally coming out of her ears.

"Why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend?" She asked, her voice lower than it had been when she shouted but her tone still sharp, the kind of tone that she had used with her sons ever since they were little.

"Uh, Angelina and I aren't-"

"Not her." Molly interrupted, waving her finger warningly at her son. "The girl at the florist. I had to hear from Ronald, that you've got a girlfriend. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"We're not-"

"She probably thinks we're the rudest family in the world. That she's been with you for weeks and we haven't introduced ourselves. Oh, this simply can't do. We need to do something. I know! Invite her around for dinner this week, it'll be perfect, the whole family will be here. Well, apart from Charlie but she'll understand that he's extremely busy in Romania, have you told her about his work with the dragons? I'm sure she'd love to hear his stories; they are extremely fascinating. Yes, invite her to dinner so that we can all be introduced. Don't take no for an answer. Now, get going, you have a lot of errands to run today." Molly pushed George out of the house before he could even say a thing; he had no time to defend himself or to explain that they weren't together, all he could hope was that the girl was understanding otherwise they'd have a problem.