- - 9 - -

- - chapter nine - -new friends again and again

new friends again and again

Indigo could hardly believe what she was doing; after weeks of being tortured by the rude ginger-haired man who had never been nice to her, now, she was spending her lunch break getting to know him. Something had shifted over the last couple of weeks and there was something different about their relationship, both of the young adults were crushing on each other but were too stubborn to admit their feelings; believing that it didn't make any sense as they knew hardly anything about each other. They were only getting to know each other because of the mistake that George's brother had made, that's what they kept telling themselves, that this meant nothing when in reality it meant more to them than they had realised. This was the first step in making their feelings known because it was sort of like a first date without calling it that, George had asked her to get lunch with him and now they were exchanging facts about their lives. Something that neither of them had thought possible a few weeks ago when they had first met.

Now, this man was pretty special already because there wasn't just anyone that Indigo would close the shop for; yes, she took a lunch break every day but it would never be away from the shop and she would never think about utilising a whole hour just for a break. The most it would be was twenty minutes and then she'd be back in the shop, if there were no customers then she would take her time catching up on orders. They headed down the road and ended up in a small café that most of the customers had talked about, raving about the blueberry muffins that Indigo had been dying to taste and took a seat on one of the more secluded tables. She was used to the gossiping of the townspeople and wasn't going to be impressed if the gossip reached her mother, telling her all about the lunch date that she had with the mysterious handsome stranger.

"What should we start with?" She asked after thanking the waitress for her cup of coffee and watching George carefully as he sipped on his own brew. "The basics?"

He raised an eyebrow in reply. "What are the basics?"

"Well, I know that your name is George but I don't know what your last name is."

"Weasley." George answered, as she nodded in approval that she would remember his name. "What about you?"

"Parker. How about age? Do I want to know how old you are, or are you just a really young looking forty-year-old creep?"

This made him laugh slightly under his breath, something that he hadn't done in a while; it shocked both of them but in a good way. Indigo was glad that she was being found amusing and George was curious as to what was so special about this girl that she was making him feel all these things. "I can assure you, I'm not some forty-year-old creep. I'm twenty, my birthday was in April."

"Thank God for that, I'm nineteen but my birthday's coming up."

"When?"

"I can't tell you that straight away." Teasingly wiggling her eyebrows at him because she didn't want to give too much about herself away, she wanted there to be some mystery left between them otherwise there wouldn't be anything fun about their relationship. And she knew that George would have wanted to know when her birthday was just to annoy her, she didn't want him to know every little detail about herself. "Have to keep you on your toes."