- - 15 - -

- - chapter fifteen - - wake up

wake up

Indigo was practically living on cloud nine, ever since the dinner she had been spending more time with George and the Weasley's and in fact, she had spent more time at the Burrow than she had at her parents' house. Everyone at the Burrow was welcoming and she had even meet some of the members that hadn't been around for the first dinner and they were just as she had expected. Ginny had come back for a dinner one evening, glad that she had no more homework to complete and could enjoy her mother's famous Shepard's Pie, surrounded by her large family. She had been more than happy to talk to George's 'girlfriend' and tell her all about Hogwarts, which deeply interested Indigo as she wanted to know everything about the famous magic school. Meeting Percy was something that she had been slightly nervous about but he seemed more polite than she imagined; obviously still trying to make up for the time when he wasn't the best brother/son in the world. He brought along his girlfriend to the dinner, who seemed snootier than the other members of the family and practically turned her nose up at the Burrow. Which not only angered the other Weasley children, but also the honorary Weasley, Indigo, who had become very protective of her new family. 

Going back to work in the florist became more mundane than she had ever expected; opening the shop had been her dream and she used to love working on the bouquets. But now that she had learned about magic and her eyes had been opened to the wizarding world, she couldn't help but want more than the flower making job that she had always thought of having. Now that her eyes had been opened to more possibilities, she wanted to take a different path. Even though she was still working every day in the shop and making her masterpieces for paying customers, she was praying for the end of the day so that she could spend more time with George and learn more about this secret world that hardly anyone knows about. Every lunch break, George would discuss interesting stories about his life growing up and tell her about the different characters that he met during his school years; promising to introduce him to some of his old friends who he knew would love her just as much as his family did.

She was brought out of her magical daydream when the phone rang. Hoping that it was Molly, she practically skipped to answer it as the two had a new arrangement now that they were acquaintances. Instead of forcing George to decide on flowers, as he had no knowledge of the things, she would discuss the flowers extensively over the phone. Indigo loved talking to Molly and was intrigued at just how fascinated she was with the flowers that she worked with. They would spend about an hour talking about what flowers were in season and what flowers would look good together in a bouquet, until eventually either a customer would enter the shop or Arthur would complain about their phone bill. She wasn't sure if George knew how close she was getting to his mum but didn't think that it hurt, she liked talking to Molly and from their phone conversations, it seemed like Molly liked talking to her too. However, she was disappointed when answering the phone and hearing the dull tone of her own mother on the other line.

"Indigo, you haven't been to visit us."

Rolling her eyes, she leaned her head against the wall and stopped herself from banging it in frustration. "Mum, this phone is meant to be for emergencies, remember?"