Merome

Adam

I slammed the door in, excited to see the inside of “the perfect house”, the others were in awe at the outside, but I didn’t really see that much in it. I swear sometimes I’m secretly a five-year-old. Inside was not what I expected. I stopped and stared. This took me off guard.

It was literally the “manliest” thing I’ve ever seen. The walls were decked out in different types of swords and axes with different types of animal heads, plastered randomly, thrown in. The fireplace was lit and the light reflected over the various different types of furniture scattered around.

Sleeping in one of the huge comfortable looking chairs, was Jerome. Snoring, sprawled out in the giant thing. His fur was clean and neat looking but his tie was undone and his tux disheveled.

“Jerome?” I nudged his foot.

“Huh…? What…? HOLY BUTTS ADAM GHOST!” Jerome sprang up and hopped behind the chair, “Are you the ghost of Christmas past?” he asked.

“Uh...no. Dude, I’m real I prahmise.” I chuckled.

“Oh, I knew that. I wasn’t scared.” Jerome slowly walked back around the chair and looked at the rest of us, “Hey doods.”

“Sup,” Ty casually replied.

“Oh yeah, I remember. That Kennan girl told us about you,” Jerome said more to himself,

“Us?” Tyler asked,

“Bagdon Can-diane,” Jerome said,

“You mean Bajan?” Jason asked,

“Nooooo, I just randomly bring up Mitch for the vine,” he blatantly stated.

“Oh that makes sense, put the Merome power couple together,” Tyler laughed, “So where is he?”

“Snoozing upstairs, he does that.” Jerome said,

“Ahhhhhhrrrggg!” I figure blurred down the stairs with a what seemed like a drawn bow.

“Holy shit!” Tyler tripped backward,

“Oh, it’s you doods.” the figure put down the bow and rubbed his head with one hand and helped up Tyler with the other, “Sarry mates,”

“Hey Mitch-ski-doodles!” Jerome chirped,

“‘Ay dood,” the figure replied,

“How’s that sleep going,”

“Sleep? You mean several cups of coffee right?”

“Yep, that’s it!”

“Not to interrupt this nice chat, but were still dealing with a murderer,” Ty intruded.

“A murderer? Like hunger deans? Yeah I’ve eaten some livers before, but a bacca’s gatta do what a bacca’s gatta do” Jerome said,

“No, we mean like, no respawn afterwards. Dead forever, gone, no more-” Jason started,

“Kuduroed...so...who?” Mitch wondered,

“AntVenom,” I said,

“Ant’s gone!?” Jerome looked distraught.

“Yeah, and we have to find the King ‘cause we’re pretty sure he was the one who killed him.” Ty crossed his arms,

“‘Kay, so why are you here?” questioned Mitch.

“We have to go through this play like the board game, the King is at the end.” Jason replied.

“Anything we can do to help?” Jerome asked,

“Yeah, we need weapons.” Ty said,

“And a place to stay,” I elbowed Ty and glared at him meaningfully.

“Right,” Ty smiled embarrassed.

“I can’t believe Ant is dead though, I mean...How long have we been here? When did that become okay?” Jerome was almost shaking in disbelief.

“It’ll be fine big-ums. We’ll take down the King. Tell me you have leads on who it is.” Mitch looked at us.

“No...not really,” Tyler said,

“We know that it’s someone we’re friends with,” Jason corrected,

“We can explain later, I think we should sleep, then get back to the path,” I said,

“Yeah sure, follow me,” Jerome was already halfway up the stairs.

“Finally, real beds!” I dived on top of one and it was pretty much lights out from there...