(Insert creative title here)

Ty

                Kennan’s smile left her suddenly and her whispered under her breath, “Just wait until it starts to get chaotic.” she smiled again, I’m pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to hear that.

After a while of sitting there and laughing, I thought about what she said.

Can I trust her? Can we trust her? Did she lie about us being safe? How many lies has she told us? Why did she lie in the first place? Who is this “King” person in the first place? Are the other “friends” here safe? If they’re even here.  If they are, who’s side are they on? Will Kennan turn on us? These thoughts infected my head until I couldn’t think straight.I don’t want Kennan to lie to us. I like her, she seem nice. Maybe she didn’t mean the chaos that’s bad. No. I can’t be too care-free with this. Maybe I can ask someone…

I walked up to Adam.

“We need to talk in private.” I grabbed Adam’s hand and dragged him to a clearing.

“What’s up? You okay?” Adam questioned me.

“Yeah, I’m good. I need to ask you something...Do you trust it here? Or Kennan?” I asked him. He stared at me. Then he took off his glasses so his golden eyes were showing.

“Of course. She’s hasn't given us a reason to not trust her. Dude, calm down. It’s a world of candy! What could possibly go wrong?” Adam asked me. Why did I feel like those were the famous last words? Oh right, they were.

“Fine but...I don’t trust her.” I replied. Adam stared at me again. Then shrugged.

“Okay, if it helps you sleep at night.” he walked off. I sat there for a while, thinking. Thinking of everything that’s been happening. The coincidence of Kennan not remembering who she was. She was a ruler at one point. How did she get here? At this point it felt like poison to be thinking at all. I shook it off and went back to the others to see if I could try to laugh it off.

“And I was like, ‘Oh no you didn’t!’ and then- Oh hey Ty! What happened?” Adam greeted me. They were sitting around a campfire with...marshmallows?

“Hey, I’m fine. How did you…?” I let my voice trail off. Jason was the one who answered.

“Kennan, I guess, magically made a campfire appear. We found the marshmallows ourselves.” Jason smiled as I sat down.

“Yep pretty much!” Kennan exclaimed. She popped a marshmallow into her mouth and grinned. I grin that I didn’t trust. I sat farthest away from her.

We all had a normal night, well as normal as you could get in a woods made of candy, eating s’mores around a campfire, laughing and listening to Adam sing or one of us tell stories.

This could be worse...Even though I’m gonna keep an eye out on Kennan, I don’t trust her. At all...