Trees Of Plumbing

Jason

        “Morning sleeping beauties!” Kennan woke us up.

“Five more minutes…” Adam complained.

“No,” Kennan magically made a bucket of ice water appear and poured it on his head.

“Holy fucking god!” Adam bolted up. He was shaking visibly while the rest of laughed. “Not. Cool. At all.” He said with a bit more venom than probably intended.

“Ow, that hurt,” Kennan said with fake pain, then she quickly laughed it off. “Here you go, I’m not cruel” And with a snap of her fingers Adam was dry again. “You're welcome,” she said before Adam had a chance to reply. “Anyone else have complains?” she asked with a sly grin.

“Nope!” We all replied simultaneously.

“Well, you should probably start walking along the path and junk before the King gets mad and beheads you,” Kennan said blandly. Everyone looked at her in shock. “That was a joke, idiots,” she laughed a bit at that. “Don’t worry, he doesn’t plan on killing you. He’s your friend, why would he want to anyways?” she smiled, “Welp! Killer or not, you should probably get going soon, and by that I mean now. Just follow the rainbow brick road, for the fruity taste that shows! I mean, what? Anyways, you shouldn’t keep your friends waiting for you to stop by, if you did, what type of friend would you be? Now, see you ‘round!” In a flash of light she disappeared.

We started to walk down the rainbow candy path.

“Well, this is cool.” I said. It was perfect weather outside. The peppermint birds were chirping and the gumdrop frogs were croaking. By this point I wasn’t questioning it.

“Yeah I guess...I’ve seen better.” Ty said with a shrug.

“Really? Were in a world made of candy, and that’s your reaction?” I replied, annoyed slightly.

“Dude it was sarcasm. This place is bad-ass.” Ty looked at me. Adam and Tyler were basically in the background laughing at as, or trying not too.

“Agreed.” I nodded.

“Well, that’s a great argument and all, but were getting to start to see trees of plumbness, so I’m guessing were almost here, be on the look out.” Adam said almost crying in laughter.

“You got that wrong bitch-ass. Its plumbing.” Tyler said in a Janet voice.

“Okay, the trees of plumbing.” Adam corrected himself. I picked a plum off a tree and bit into it. Woah.

“Damn, these are good,” I said licking my lips at the sweet taste. “Try some!” I threw one at Adam’s face.

“Ow! Really?” he bit into it, “Wow, okay. This is amazing.” Adam stared in shock at the plum.

“Let me try!” Tyler picked one from the tree and bit into it. Almost at once his mouth started to water. “My god…” Tyler said.

“They can’t be that go-” Ty was cut off when him took a bite out of one. “Holy shit these are amazing.”

“Told you dude,” Adam commented. “Now we should find this ‘friend’ that Kennan was talking about.”  Ty visibly cringed at the mention of her name. “You okay, Ty?”

“Yeah...We should start looking though. Come on” Ty waved his hand as he walked to the forest. I looked at the others and shrugged, then I followed Ty to a gigantic tree that was covered in plums.

“Well. This happened,” Adam said, “Let’s go find the other person-thing that we're supposed to find and whatever.”