The Hollow With Marshmallows and Plums

Bash

“You like my...um...house? Yeah, house.” I asked my newly-found friends. I was so happy to finally see life that’s not rainbow creepers or lollipop zombies. Yeah, those are things. I stopped questioning it a while ago.

“A hollow made of marshmallows...in a plum tree. Wow, okay.” Adam looked around. He wasn’t wrong. But, I took a good look at this place when I was bored, so like, the past day.

“I have a question, now that we’re alone,” Ty started, “I’m not sure if any of you noticed, or asked yourself this, but I’m asking it now. Why are we here? Is there a reason besides finding friends? Not to mention the fact that we knew where they were in our world. I mean, we randomly wake up in a world made entirely out of candy, like it’s a dream almost, and no one finds that odd? I’ve been thinking about who this King guy is too. Maybe Kennan just made it up or something. I mean, if the guy is our friend, why can’t he tell us who he is?” Ty explained.

“I honestly just thought this was like a hardcore-played mini-game or something.” Adam told us.

“I didn’t really think about it until now,” I replied, “You do have a point though, what if Kennan fooled us to think we were going somewhere and something- else happened.”

“Wait a second, she is Notch’s sister right? She said she didn’t have her memory. Maybe, if this King is real...maybe he…” Jason stopped and shivered, “Brain-washed her? Made her forget who she was, so that this CandyLand world could have a guide.”

“Hold on- does anyone remember CandyLand having a guide?” Tyler asked. At least they realized this is extremely close to the board-game. “I mean, I haven’t played it in, like, twelve years but, I don’t remember this.”

“So I wasn’t the only person who thought of that. As well as the whole ‘This is a board-game’ thing.” Ty realized.

“Wait but aren’t we forgetting something? Isn’t she acting too...happy...I mean, if she is trying to- k-kill us, don’t you think she’d be less, you know, cheery?” Jason asked us.

“All part of an act maybe?” I pointed out.

“No, if it was part of an act or how she tried to kill us or whatever, we’d either be seeing an insane-type cheery or an occasionally depressed, more fake happiness. She seems legit.” Jason said.

“Maybe we’re just thinking too far...she might just want us to play this like a mini-game and we’ll all be okay? I mean, I don’t think we’ll die, right? I think we should just play along for now and if stuff starts to get scary we can meet up again somehow. And if their are other people here, we can get their opinions and see what’s what.” Adam was clearly trying to stay positive about this.

“I agree, it sounds like a good idea.” I replied.

“Okay fine,” Ty said.

We all nodded in agreement.

So, what happens now?