Answers And Onwards

Jerome

Mitch and I sat downstairs and chated while waiting for the others to slowly wake up and crawl down to us. After about an hour of making random guesses as to what the heck happened and how much they know, the others soon started pouring in, slowly and rubbing their eyes.

“Tell us everything!” Mitch jumped up and yelled,

“Um...okay then,” Adam leaned back as to stay away from Mitch, who was towering over him at the time.

“Everything.” Mitch leaned in closer, Adam falling backward because he couldn't bend his back anymore in that position. Tyler and I snickered at the two, one of us probably writing the fanfiction in his head and the other kinda feeling jealous of the closeness between the two. But spoiling that is pointless because who thought what is obvious.

“You suck!” Adam jumped back up and glared at him while crossing his arms.

“Ev. Ery. Thing.” Mitch has a sly grin plastered to his face.

“Agh- fine, Tyler,” Adam heaved Tyler from next to me and planted Tyler in front of him, almost like a shield, “The floor is yours~” Adam teased,

“Oh wow thanks,” Tyler took a deep breath and went in to spiraling detail about how everything went down, who was where, suspects for murder, and the weirdness of Kennan. It was a lot to take in as the nerdy-er version of Mitch explained things that had been tearing at my mind for a while, but I never thought it was this level of insane.

I blankly stared at Tyler as soon as he stopped ranting on. Mitch’s hyper self turned into a dumbfounded expression, one of total confusion.

“S-so...you’re telling me- that most all of our friends are here, there’s nothing we can do about it, and there's a chance of some random jag coming along and eating our livers. Great.” Mitch concluded.

“Yes. We’re supposed to go through the path and fight the king at the end.” Ty walked from behind Adam and Tyler and stood next to me.

“Fight? Like- kill? Legitimately- kill? No respawns, nothing?” I asked,

“Well- I think we just agreed that we would most likely have to fight him, I don’t think anyone even said anything, we all just assumed.” Jason hovered to the other side of me.

“You guys need weapons.” The idea dawned into my head. If we were gonna fight either some unholy god or a normal, insane, friend, we all needed weapons.

“Yeah, and afterwards, we’ll get going, come if you want, because we’ll probably need the backup.” Ty stated.

“We have an entire basement dedicated to waypons,” Mitch came back to his senses.

“Let’s do dis!” I proclaimed, pointing up towards nothing and doing my typical ‘Wolololo!’ and practically jumping the flight of stairs, that lead to our own Hunger Games styled basement, Mitch hoping on my back while I did so.

Jason hovered down with us and landed to the mess of Bacca and Benja, that had just fallen, lying on the ground and cracking up with laughter. Ty, Adam, and Tyler piled down as well. I stood up and straightened my tie. I heaved Mitch up and he pulled up the zipper on his hoodie a bit more than normal. Mitch and I hadn’t been down here that much either, so it would take a while to find the perfect weapon for everyone.

After what seemed like a good hour of searching for a perfect weapon, we all finally found some good items. Que dramatic reveal scene with epic music and colorful backgrounds! No- it was a lot less glamorous than that. All the items we found were old and worn, clearly dulled and barley of any use, but it was better than nothing.

Ty had a pair of iron boots an iron sword with bane of arthropods. Jason had a leather chestplate with a diamond sword, a very dull one. Tyler had a flint and steel with an iron hat. Adam had a budder sword, enchanted with unbreaking and a budder hat and boots. Mitch had a bow that only had eight arrows with an iron chestplate. I had Fredrick with iron boots.

We walked up and outside.

The sun was wrapping the earth in it’s warm rays. Team Sleep, Mitch and I had agreed to call them that, had been passed out for about twelve hours. As we all stumbled out, the sun blinding us until we rubbed it out. I yawned, showing my fangs. Even though I had just slept while we were waiting for Team Sleep, I felt like curling up and drifting away.

“So...Where do we go?” Mitch stumbled on his words,

“Onwards!” Sky pointed high in the air and grinned, his finger dotting the rainbow path.

Onwards...