0

"You slept with him?! Seriously, was I not enough for you?!"

"Look, Aaron I've been trying ok but with you gone as long as you were and with me being who I am, I got bored."

"So you're not even going to try and deny it? Please Winter, give me something here."

I just looked at him with a blank look while he looked at me with a hurt and pissed off expression. Aaron is my best friend, the first person I met while I was on the streets, one of the first people to show me what actual love was like.

About two years ago we started having benefits but I knew that wasn't going to end well because of the person that I am.

"Are you going to answer me or what Winter?"

"No, I'm not going to deny it. I'm not going to act like it didn't happen because it did."

"How could you! I trusted you! You promised you would stop this!"

"Well that was your own fucking mistake wasn't it? I told you from the start that this was why I didn't want to date you!"

"What the fuck happened to you? You're not at all the same person I met and originally fell for."

"Yeah, you're right this is who I am now! I'm not that little broken helpless girl you met on the streets years ago Aaron! I warned you from the start but just like him you wanted to actually believe that would all change over night!"

"Just tell me one thing.. was any of it real like how my love for you was real?"

I sighed as I closed my eyes for a few seconds before I reopened them and spoke. I didn't confirm my true intentions for the relationship between the two of us but I also didn't deny anything. I just simply stated the facts about me that were at hand here.

"You can take the girl out of the game, but you can't take the game out of the girl Aaron."

With that I grabbed my things as I walked out of his room and eventually out of his house. I left him there in that room because I know for a fact that I didn't just lose a relationship that was good, a relationship that I've been longing for... but I also just lost my OG best friend and right now, there is nothing I can say to him to fix this because there is no fixing this this time.